“Great food & great service ”
Review of Fitzies

Fitzies
Ranked #4 of 5 Quick Bites in Brooklyn
Reviewed 6 October 2019 via mobile

Popped in here today on a family day out. We caught the train from Wyong to Hawkesbury Station. Came across this fish and chip shop as we walked out of the station. We were not expecting much as it just appeared to be a shop front but we were pleasantly surprised.
Lovely little covered courtyard with 5-6 large tables. We ordered our food and it was delivered to our table. The food was hot, fresh and delicious. Between us all, we had chips, fish, calamari, and prawns. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Highly recommend if you are in the area.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank 146NSW

Reviewed 6 October 2019 via mobile

Nine of us (5 adults & 4 children) caught the train down to the Hawkesbury River today, from the Central Coast - just for a day trip and a look around.
Came across this little place while walking around and decided we would have lunch.
Service was fast. Undercover seating at the side and more than enough seating.
Cold water and cups supplied.
We had a range of food including fresh tiger prawns, prawn roll, chips, scallops, fish and calamari, ALL of which were lovely and fresh. Food was brought out quickly.
The prawns in particular were delicious.
Large serves and well presented food.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend a meal here on a lazy Sunday arvo.
Staff were all very friendly too.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank RGT1952
Reviewed 16 September 2019 via mobile

Had lunch here on a quiet Monday.
Fish was perfect
Salad was fresh
Coffee was good
Eating area was so clean
Service was tops

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank 333maggied
Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

Noticed a good waiting crowd after walking past this place from the train station.
After going to the pub and seeing the good Sunday patronage I opted to try fitzies.
I Ordered the flathead fillets with no chips and just salad and a half a dozen Sydney rock oysters.
Total cost, 36$
After tasting the fish I realised that it was definitely not flat head and was very Average for 36 bucks.
I did like the tables to the left of the service area where I sat and had real stainless steel knives and forks and washed it down with the small bottles of sav blanc I got from the marina bottle shop.
Tip ( after you order the fish while you are waiting) walk 2 min to bottle shop and then left hand side of fitzies to dine..... Cheers
Ps less time wait especially on a Sunday.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank paulb797
Reviewed 17 June 2019

Spotted this place he I arrived for my lunch cruise. Checked it out while waiting for my train and I was not disappointed. Service was amazing, menu pricing was very reasonable. I ordered a piece of battered hoki, salad and 2 seafood sticks, no chips$16. It was delicious. Lovely atmosphere out in the seating area. Very tidy and well maintained, good range of seating. Complimentary water. I would highly recommend this eating place.

Date of visit: June 2019