“Non-existent service. ”
Review of Aromas Noosa

Aromas Noosa
Ranked #87 of 385 Restaurants in Noosa
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: From early coffee and breakfast, through to lunch, lazy cocktails and a fabulous dinner. With a seasonal menu showcasing produce grown at our own hinterland property Maravista Farm, Aromas is a Noosa icon where locals and holidaymakers meet. For near 30 years Aromas Noosa has shone brightly as the grand old lady of Hastings Street. We started without a kitchen, serving only sandwiches and coffee before adding just one breakfast dish – scrambled eggs! As our menu expanded so did our seating, and we increased our iconic street-facing tables which opened up the restaurant. Jump to present day and Aromas Noosa is a Hastings Street institution offering diversity from sunrise to evening. Our iconic street-facing tables remain, and we now boast a beautiful bar and terrace inspired by lazy afternoons on the Cote D’Azur. Our seasonal menus are inspired by produce grown at the Ogilvie Group’s property Maravista Farm, as well as simple, fresh flavours perfect on a Noosa holiday.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came in for happy hour, so a few drinks and nibbles with dinner likely to follow. An English waitress greeted us, sat us down and let us be (standard stuff). However we then sat there with no order taken for 10 minutes, after trying to grab her attention we just gave up and left. On our way out we seen her sitting at a table eating some chips. We jokingly wondered whether she actually worked there. So would have probably ate here a few times in the next week, however won’t return purely on the principle of non-existent service.

Date of visit: April 2018
3  Thank jarrodf814
Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Aromas just gets everything right. They always have, and thats why it's such a Nossa icon. Coffee is perfect, lunches delicious, dinners cozy and romantic... and the people watching is unbeatable!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Family gathering when our favourite restaurant couldn't accommodate us. I had a very sweet espresso martini. Not the best I've had. This didn't matter as my Salade Nicoise was excellent. Huge piece of beautifully seared tuna and tasty dressing. Very pleasant experience. no complaints from the steak eaters or zucchin pasta either.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great food (almost), excellent service and pleasant surrounds and location. It was a rainy night yet were still dry under the awning. I had a french onion and anchovy pizza - awesome! Wife had zucchini tagliatelle, also a yummy choice. Abolutely nothing to complain about. Why 1 star? Well, had we stopped at those meals it would've been 5 stars.
But I was still feeling room for dessert so I browsed the display inside for the various cakes, slices etc & chose a pecan tart.
It was pretty sparse on pecan nuts, but plenty of fudgy stuff. But the flavour - yuk! I don't know how it was made, but that fudgy stuff was an acrid concoction with an attempt to hide with an onslaught of sugar. Incredibly sweet but still couldn't mask the underlying burnt, acrid taste. I figured it was supposed to be like that so when asked by the wait staff if everything is OK, I just said yes and carried on. I should've piped up.
So at this point the review would be 3 stars.
But 3 hours later I could still taste the vileness.
And the next morning felt so sick & queasy I couldn't face any food until well into the afternoon. Sorry Aromas. 1 star thanks to that pecan tart.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

It all started with no bottles of our wine choice cold. Probably should have called it a day there and headed home as we had already had a disappointing wait watching staff fuss about the restaurant without a clue while queuing up for ten minutes while empty tables sat everywhere.

The service was pretty dismal and the food more so. Kids pizza suddenly ‘not available’ on the menu any longer but no staff knew about the change and the menu wasn’t changed to reflect the lack of the only thing most kids eat.

With no special dishes on offer tonight I ordered the tuna and it had one small potato and heaps of undercooked green beans which were particularly unsavory and no sauce. I rechecked the menu - definitely sauce mentioned.

The chicken my husband ordered was pretty unsatistying for the price and while it was a tasty dish it was just lacking any substance to make it a filling meal.

We have eaten at Aromas three times on our five night stay in Noosa. The first was ok - dinner on Sunday night.

Then we had breakfast on Wednesday morning which was a pretty hideous affair. If you are asking us to stand in line and order at the counter make sure the guy behind the counter has a clue - even a small clue - about what you have on the menu, how to use the system and how to be courteous and pleasant to the paying customer. Another idea would be that the kitchen staff don’t yell out rude comments about customers requests. (Just for the record to ask if a hot cross bun can be served with plain butter instead of coffee butter as it is for a six year old is not a ridiculous request that requires a smug comment from the kitchen). It would also help if the food you serve for breakfast had some sort of flavor.

There are two saving graces for this place however. The first is the guy who manages the place. He is aweomse.

The second is location and the ambience that location offers customers. But honestly neither are enough to warrant either a recommendation or a return. Keep walking - plenty of great places around to not have pay them any money.

Date of visit: March 2018