All reviews hastings street across the road great location one bedroom apartment children's pool accor group pool area central location the sofa bed spa bath beach side school holidays shops and restaurants third floor lounge room cooking facilities washing machine
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived after a long flight / drive and checked in, staying 20 nights.
Initially the impression was one of 'not bad, quite like'. check in was smooth, staff was helpful and made us feel very welcome.
Nice apartment open and spacious, reasonably light and serviced well on a daily basis.
Apart from housekeeping we didn't really see, or need to see, during the first 10 or so days any other staff.
The only comment on the housekeeping front was the dirty carpets that could be changed and why the flax (sisal?) rug that had see better days and harbours all kinds of nasties?
This property is excellently located in central Noosa, a short stroll to Hastings Street and all that it has to offer. Out the back and you can have the option of walking away from the hustle and bustle of Hastings St. or across to the park.
Car Parking? Easy, under the building and quite secure.
So far so good, then. Yes. Until the weekend arrived.
This is, make no mistake, a resort that encourages families, and should be recognised as such; all the apartments are family friendly.
However a family friendly resort also means lots of children, toddlers, babies and kids, and the associated boisterous activity. In short the noise levels rise.
Unfortunately the designers of the property didn't take into account noise levels when designing hard, flat surfaces and open stairwells that bounce the noise around spectacularly.
From our perspective, the noise levels became too intrusive with a 'record' 3 hours of 10 - 12 year olds in the spa pool. As suggested to the property this should be adults only not for kids below 18 years old...
Apart from the noise and the subsequent raised voices from parents, who clearly were too lazy to get up and speak to their offspring, the property is good for a longer stay than 3 days.
The noise eventually drove us away, sadly; ill health means lots of quiet rest which we couldn't achieve with the influx of kids.
Despite moving us - sadly didn't work - the Manager and supervisor both handled this well and we easily reached an adequate agreement for us to leave early. I am pleased to say that the approach and attitude was refreshing to the issue, unlike other establishments we have visited.
Well done to her and her team, and thank you.

Room Tip: Check what your room overlooks before agreeing to check in.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Greebles,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of your experience with us at the Sebel Noosa. I am very grateful for your comments about the approach had in relations to the noise levels you experienced. The lead up to school holidays and during school holidays certainly does offer a lot more noise form kids having fun in the hotel grounds. Greebles I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Noosa and was able to have the much needed rest. I do hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again with us, might I recommend May or June, these months are such a beautiful time of the year here to relax.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed before at the Sebel at Noosa. The rooms are large and well laid out, the pool excellent. The garden setting is lovely and the location on Hastings Street means that everything is close. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hi Lynleyfletcher,

It is always a great feeling to read about our guests enjoying their experiences when staying with us here at the Sebel Noosa. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this review.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I attended the Accor event Noosa Alive. From the moment we arrived we were so well looked after. The best welcome hampers I have ever seen! Very thoughtful items that included breakfast items, snacks and drinks.
We arrived a little late due to airport issues. The staff made sure we made it to the first event on time, took our bags and made us feel very welcome and relaxed.
The food at the events was 10/10. The events were a great selection and very entertaining. Plenty of food, wine and entertainment. The SEBEL staff looked after everyone very well. Best service I have had. Could not ask for anything better.
When I researched the hotel I was worried I could not get any dining points. Yes you can. They have a deal with the Sofitel where you can charge your meals back to the SEBEL. You get the up to 50% discount plus the points. There is also a restaurant downstairs that has a smaller discount.
I would definitely stay here again. The apartment was very spacious with a well equipped kitchen if you wanted to cook. Right across the road to the beach and in a central location near restaurants etc. You can even get on line delivery to the hotel if you don’t have a car. I think it was Coles.
Special thanks to Dion, Stephanie, Annie and the whole SEBEL team.
We were a bit late to redeem our drink vouchers. This was not a problem and they made sure we got our drinks. Other resorts do not always do this.
The secret is out. There are a number of people that attend this event every year. Looking forwards to going next year again.

Room Tip: We had room towards back of hotel. A bit further away from pool.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Dide O,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback from the Noosa Alive Members Event we held in July over 10 days. It was such a pleasure to meet you both at the event and get to know you over the 10 days. The team are delighted to hear that they have been able to provide you with the 'Best service ever had'.

I do hope I have the pleasure of seeing you again for what will be an amazing Noosa Alive Members Event in 2019!.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Just wanted to say thank you to the accommodating staff at the Sebel for making my stay very nice, and a special shootout to Annie at the front desk.
The Sebel is in a brilliant location- very close to the beach and the Noosa front restaurants.
I'm sure to stat again in the future

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Nicola P, Front Office Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear AlexD,

Thank you for your review!

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, I was delighted to share your feedback with the team! Annie in particular was delighted to receive your feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon!

Kind regards,

Stephanie Keane
Front Office Manager
The Sebel Noosa

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Although this accommodation is situated in the heart of Noosa on Hastings Street, it was disappointing. Also on the positive side, the staff member Daniel was especially helpful and friendly and went out of his way to assist us. The apartment style rooms are very average - possibly in need of an update looking a bit jaded. The lounge furniture is very uncomfortable. The toilet is in the bathroom but opens onto the kitchen and the bedroom, so this is not ideal. Sound proofing is not great as loud talking could be heard from a nearby room in the night. The pool area is beautiful but not big enough to swim laps and with many children using it. All this adds up to not good value for money particularly when you are an Accor member.

Dear Car0leb66,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your feedback and experience.

I am disappointed your stay did not meet your expectations, that you were disturbed by noise and that you found the pool too small. Thank you for you kind comments regarding Daniel who was delighted to receive your feedback!

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,