“Surprisingly good”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Very reasonably priced. Large sitting room and kitchen. very friendly and helpful on-site managers. Close to river for interesting walks. Excellent parking. Only downside was the rather tired shower room. good base to take day trips to Fraser Island.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
DarrenJackie, General Manager at Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Thank-you for your detailed comments regarding your recent stay at Noosa Sun Motel. I'm glad you enjoyed all the features of the room. We are continually looking for ways to improve, and one thing we have just introduced is Free Wireless Internet with no download limits. Other accommodation places that offer free wifi have big restrictions regarding usage. From my own research I believe this feature is an Australian first and something we are very proud to be able to bring to our guest. I am also glad you liked the complimentary towel cupboard. This was my wife's idea and has proven to be very popular. In regards to the curtains as per the previous comment this was caused by the fact that they were brand new curtains and as a result the fabric was very stiff. As they have now been up for a couple of months this is no longer an issue. Once again thanks for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at the Noosa Sun Motel over Christmas and I was honestly really sad to leave. My initial dilema was whether to stay in Noosaville or Noosa town (Hasting Street), I picked Noosavile and knew as soon as we arrived that I had made the right choice. Noosaville is super chilled, and so pretty, lots of little shops and places to eat.

The room was more like an apartment, really spacious, clean and with all the modcons you need. The owners were amazing, before we had even arrived they had helped me so much with information on where to go on Christmas day, and transport information. We were perfectly situated on Gympie Terrace with the beautiful river across the street, and a short stroll to an abundance of good cafes and restaurants. And the best bit was the price, really great value, and with the little kitchenette we didn't need to eat out 3 times a day which was very handy.

On the whole we loved our stay and I'd definitely book again if I return to Noosa.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank prithi d
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Booked this stay of 4 nights in a hurry and didn't really knew what to expect. To our surprise it was fantastic - considering the price. Super clean, spacious, and a well equipped little kitchen. The bed was huge and comfy. Bathroom old but clean and a shower with great water speed. The balcony was facing the little river and the tiny pool area was cozy.

I can hight recommend this quiet and neat place to everyone I know.

Room Tip: I think all rome were good. The ones on ground floor had terraces the ones on the second floor balco...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I'm sorry that I can only give this an average rating as we didn't actually get to spend a night at the Motel ! We booked online about 3 or 4 months before we planned to stay and arranged for 2 rooms for my brother in-law and us to attend a family wedding across the road. After a horror drive of over 10 hours of traffic snarls, roadworks etc we arrived to find (after a booking error) we actually had no room and they were full ! To the staffs credit, they had frantically rang around and found us alternative lodgings when most signs said no vacancy. So full marks for customer care but a big no for not checking our booking out fully as the room in my name went to another surname , so a bit sloppy I think. We visted the in-laws and the room looked basic and functional and was good value (hence me booking in the first place!!) Luckily we arrived before the office closed by about 10 minutes (also at our alternate as the staff waited for us to arrive ) otherwise it could have been extremely nasty ! The child bride was NOT happy !!

Room Tip: Check your booking is confirmed before driving 1000Km's plus !
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Skeney57
DarrenJackie, General Manager at Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, 18 December 2011
My name is Darren Keenan manager of Noosa Sun Motel. I take full responsibility regarding your comments above. Let me begin by once again saying sorry for the mix up regarding your booking. We realised we had made an error regarding your booking, on the day of your arrival. We have a policy at Noosa Sun Motel to source superior accommodation and to pay the differential in the event of double booking. This is exactly what we did. In regards to your comment regarding the alternative accommodation houses operating house. This wouldn't have been a problem as we had made arrangements with yourself and the other accommodation house, to collect the key and to meet you there. Once again please accept my apologies this is not indicative of our usual high standard of reservation management.
Nenagh
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. Very comfy, very clean and quiet. Good location in noosaville - near some nice restaurants and a short drive to noosa heads beach.

• Stayed November 2011
@Eamovet Thank-you for your kind words regarding Noosa and your stay at Noosa Sun Motel. Your spot on there are some wonderful restaurants in Noosa. My favourite restaurant is opp the motel. The Noosa Waterfront Restaurant and Bar. They also now have a Take Away section at their restaurant, best Fish & Chips ever. Hope to see you again soon.