“Service terrible”

Boardwalk Bistro on Hastings
Ranked #81 of 339 Restaurants in Noosa
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Designed to take full advantage of the breathtaking views of the ocean, the sound of crashing waves, the glamorous atmosphere that is Noosa, and the laid-back vibe of beachfront dining, Boardwalk bistro on hastings is the perfect venue for that casual meal. Either watching the glistening ocean over breakfast and coffee or the sumptuous sunset over cocktails, this divine setting brings the fresh, innovative menu to life A fresh, seasonal menu highlighting the regions produce combined with a relaxed yet sophisticated venue that enables diners to soak up the glamorous atmosphere and natural beauty of Noosa makes this beach side bistro an essential Noosa icon to experience. If you want to feel the sand between your toes and enjoy a snack, The Kiosk is also available for take away.
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick lunch after seeing a ploughmans offered on the menu. We went in and because there was someone stood in front of us we never saw the sign which said wait to be seated and I chose a table which was suitable for my mobility scooter. This was obviously not to their liking because they kept walking past and ignored us. I asked the waiter if we could order two ploughmans at around $30 each and he said what do you mean ploughmans? I stated it was on their menu to which he replied they had a special menu for diners eating between 3 - 5 so we couldn't have that. Due to dietary restraints we just asked for tea and a bowl of chips instead. We were made to feel really bad and one of the waitresses asked the waiter what we were doing and he said "oh them, they are only having coffee and chips" well excuse me we were going to have ploughmans and a bottle of wine it isn't our fault you change your menu from what's advertised outside.
He also removed all cutlery off the table and napkins so we had to use our fingers and get tissues out of our handbags. Very petty indeed.
We are locals and will not return, there are many wonderful restaurants along Hasting St who excel in customer service and the Boardwalk isn't one of them.

There are newer reviews for Boardwalk Bistro on Hastings

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Had a delightful breakfast here a week or so ago. I had eggs benidic with smoked salmon, yum yum. Others in my party had pancakes, they too we delicious. Very popular place to eat on hastings street, so book to avoid disappointment

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Husband and I went there for breakfast and were lucky to get front corner table overlooking the beach. Service was friendly, coffee served very promptly. Husband ordered omelette for $21 - he asked if this included toast. No - toast $3 extra. This turned out to be one very small slice on a large wooden paddle. We think a serving of toast, especially when the slice was so small, could reasonably be 2 slices. I had poached eggs, mushrooms and toast (2 small slices). Food was good, but why leave a bad taste by being so unnecessarily mean with the toast? 1 very small slice is not a serving.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Went here for lunch today with my wife.Sat down at 12 00 looking forward to great food as we have been here once before .ordered a starter and two mains a bottle of wine and waited for our food . To our astonishment after a 20 mins wait which we thought was a long time for some bread and olive oil she turned up with our mains . I reminded them that we hadn't yet had our starter . She was gonna take our food away so I told her to leave it and forget the starter. The girl who took our order then apologised which I accepted . Anyone can make a mistake . I had the sea food linguine and my wife had the battered Barramundi which where both delicious . We then asked the same waitress for dessert menus . After 15 mins we had to ask another waitress . Again she had forgotten . It then took another 20 mins for dessert to come out . All in all. One hour and forty mins for a lunch . The food was fine but would hate to be sat in the restaraunt if it was really busy . Great food Terrible service . I would like to mention they took dessert off the bill which I thought was a nice gesture

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Being on the coast the sea food was excellent.There was a very busy lunch trade with people taking a rest from the sun. The view is spectacular being on the beach.