All reviews spa bath infinity pool beach villa one bedroom apartment ocean view dolphin quay ceiling fan main building indian ocean self catering secure parking saw dolphins washing machine and dryer great apartment reception closes shower head location is fantastic
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

So I went down to Mandurah for two nights and stayed at seashell like I always do. But we get to our room and it said free WiFi it only gave you and hour to use it and then you have to wait for 24 hour till you get to use it again that is not on. If you go to other hotel or apartment you get free wifi all day everyday. The movie were good at least they were free to watch. So the next morning we are going to head out the door and we ask one of the in-house cleaners do you clean our room she no only if you are staying more then 5 days isn’t that stupid or what. So can we have some clean towels and she gave us two I was like ok thank you. So we were checking out and the lady at the desk was lovely. For me in general I won’t be going back down to seashell and stay. It’s good for family but not for couple or friends there are other apartment that are nicer and down there. That’s just bit other people might think differently or yeh.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Dayna L
Ben C, General Manager at Seashells Mandurah, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dear Dayna L,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Seashells Mandurah, and for taking the time to post your review.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location & free in-house movies and service provided by our staff.

I’d like to specifically address your comments on the apartment if I may. All guest have daily limits of 1GB when they log-in to our Wi-Fi with their name and room number. Additionally, on check-in when guest is handed their check-in wallet we give an extra TOKEN code that can be used if the 1 GB runs out.
I should also point out that we do not market Seashells Mandurah, nor any of our Seashells properties as a Resort, we are Self-Contained Apartments hence servicing is only done on 5 or more-day stays, and extra servicing can be provided at a small fee.
I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

The location of the hotel is very good - on the beach and within walking distance of restaurants etc. However, we booked a 1 bed apartment and it was very tired and shabby. The orange sofa had disgusting stains on it and the carpet in the bedroom was ripped where it met the bathroom. The tiling round the spa bath was haphazard and grubby. I took one look at the room and went immediately to complain to reception. The following day I was shown two other rooms that were just as bad so we stayed put. The river view was a view of a huge car park. I did think it would be noisy with traffic but the car park emptied in the evening and we heard nothing during the night. If it had not been a public holiday we would have left immediately but there was little other accommodation available and we had booked for 3 nights that were non refundable - and we couldn't afford to lose all that money as it was not cheap. It wasn't all bad; the swimming pool was heated and very nice but someone had left a dirty nappy on one of the poolside chairs that remained there until the next day; not the hotel's fault but it just added to the overall ambiance. The room was big and the kitchen very well equipped but I was just so disappointed on arrival; it was the least nice of all the places we stayed in WA during a 3 week period, yet it was the most expensive. It is not really hotel; there was a reception with limited hours (public holiday) and some vending machines but nowhere to get a coffee etc. I have given an "average rating" but this is based on the location on the beach and the heated pool, the room itself was a definite "poor".

Room tip: Don't book a 1 bed apartment with a river view. I think the ocean view rooms are better.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanessa r
Ben C, General Manager at Seashells Mandurah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Vanessa R,

I was pleased to read you enjoyed our location and infinity pool, which is loved by guests, making them feel they could be anywhere in the world.

I’d like to specifically address your comments on the apartment if I may. In our email correspondence to you before your stay we were clear in advising the apartment you were interested in booking was overlooking the Marina, not the Ocean. I have personally inspected your apartment and was surprised to read your comments, the carpet has some normal wear marks but isn’t ripped and the spa area has minimal wear. Our housekeeping team alert me to any significant damage in apartments and we see to these immediately. We also have a regular schedule of spring cleaning and maintenance.

We don’t market ourselves anywhere as a hotel, but rather promote our self-catering apartments. There are numerous great cafes and restaurants on our doorstep at the Mandurah Ocean Marina serving coffee, breakfast, lunch and dinner as well.

We take great pride in the facilities we do have on offer and our swimming pool, BBQ, tennis facilities, room amenities and free Wi-Fi are extremely popular with guests.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We reached there earlier than our required check-in time but were pleasantly surprised that the room was ready. We loved the room and the furniture. The kitchen was well-equipped and even had a washing machine and a dryer. The balcony was great and offered great views. We stayed in a one-bedroom apartment and there is no TV in the bedroom, which can be both good or bad but we did have a little lounge place to watch TV. The bathroom contained a spa tub which we did not use, personally just because we do not feel very comfortable.

The tub itself seemed a little bit dated and only had a rain shower. The shampoos and other complimentary things provided smelled quite medicinal although there was nothing wrong per se with them. I suggest bring your own if you are fussy about these kind of things. Also, we had to pay $2 for renting their beach towels to go to the pool. You can also bring your own but we did not have any and I got no clear answer as to whether my $2 were going to be returned to me after I gave the towels back. It also did not have a restaurant on-site. It was a bit cold so we really enjoyed the hot tub and occasionally the pool as well. Parking is available onsite which is good and its location is quite close to dolphin quay restaurants.

Except for the minor things I mentioned above, it is a pretty good place to stay. It is clean and comfortable. The TV sound did not work at first but they sent someone to fix it up really quick.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ben C, General Manager at Seashells Mandurah, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear div_demo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your 4-star review. Mandurah has so much to offer and is a hidden gem.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our self-contained 1-bedroom apartments on the marina and had an enjoyable stay, the infinity pool is loved by all guest and makes you feel like you could be anywhere in the world.
Also, please remember to join our loyalty club as we have special sales and discounts that we will send to you each time they run.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Our 3rd time staying at Seashells. A few days away here is always a treat. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves yet again.

1 bedroom apartment on 5th floor was lovely. Great views and great apartment. Clean and comfortable. So nice to sit on the balcony and feel the sea breeze

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ummejf

Dear Marianne F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5-star review & choosing to stay with us for the third time for your getaway,
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

The Seashells Mandurah is conveniently located near Dolphin Quay and Mandurah Ocean Marina overlooking the Indian Ocean.
I was on the non ocean facing side of the main tower in a One Bedroom apartment with Spa bath. The view was still great, looking out over the Quay and Marina.
The room was large, well laid out and clean. The couch had a few stains on it, but had obviously been cleaned of actual dirt and grime.
The room had everything you require including TV, Kitchenette, clothes washer and dryer. We also had access to free undercover parking - there are limited spaces undercover, so first in best dressed, but there is also plenty of outdoor parking which is still fully secured behind a large electric gate.
For me the only negative was no TV in the bedroom - I like to lay in bed and watch a bit of TV while on holiday - you do however get free access to movies and pay TV channels on the main TV in the living room.
I stayed here with my husband and 2 baby sons who are 1 and 3 years old. We brought our own porta cots

Room tip: We were on the fourth floor, it was very quiet and had a good view of the Marina with a decent sized balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Ben C, General Manager at Seashells Mandurah, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Louise S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Mandurah has so much to offer and is a hidden gem.
Great to hear we hit the mark for you on most items and we have taken on-board your comments on the simple things we could do to improve your stay next time.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon, if I can assist in anyway please let me know on bchenery@seashells.com.au