“Poor service & Poor accommodation” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seashells Mandurah

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mandurah
Perth, Australia
“Poor service & Poor accommodation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Upon arrival, the foyer area of the hotel was beautiful and expectations were high.

Once I entered the self-contained villa (supposedly 4.5stars) my expectations were far from met! For around $250 a night, you expect a reasonable standard of accommodation, but this was far from the case. The sliding door was completely off its track between the bedroom and living area (something you would have noticed when you clean the place. There were cob webs in most corners. The rubber that runs along the sliding wardrobe doors was hanging off ALL of the doors. I might have looked past it if it had just been one door. After a visit from maintenance, the issue was still not resolved but the door was pulled across shut so we would at least have some privacy.
The radio supplied in the kitchen did not work and there were slats missing from a lot of the blinds on the window. A number of the lights also did not work. At best, I would call it a poor 3 star accommodation.

I was expected (as with any hotel that cares about their guests) to be asked upon check-out how my stay was and I was not even asked - further evidence of their lack of care for the guests. I returned a comments card stating all of the issues I have had and I am still waiting to see if I will hear anything back, but I will not hold my breath.

Next time, I will stay at the Sebel in Mandurah as we have stayed there many times in all sorts of rooms and enjoyed the experience a lot more!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bill C
SeashellsHG, General Manager at Seashells Mandurah, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Bill C
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay with us. I am disappointed to learn that your experience earlier this month did not meet with expectations, and that you found accommodation in one of our Garden View Villas sub-standard.
We are aware of some of the maintenance issues which you rightly raised, and are currently seeking new solutions and replacements for items such as sliding doors, rubber seals and timber blinds. This project work is ongoing for us, and we hope to have these physical concerns addressed very soon.
As a result of your review, we have taken steps to ensure that this neglect as well as the discrepancies in our service standards, do not occur in the future. A detailed and thorough ‘spring clean’ of all our rooms will take place from 1st March and we look forward to enhancing our product. I sincerely apologise that your experience was not up to standard for our brand.

Yours sincerely

Bram Newbold
Seashells Mandurah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I only booked an overnight stay while in the area on business. Loved the serenity, comfort & luxury so much I stayed a 2nd night. And it was the only hotel that I've done that at, that actually charged me the same discounted rate for my extra night. I've stayed additional time at other hotels around the world & was always charged the full rack rate for extra nights, not the rate I had paid by booking on-line. So that was a pleasant surprise. The apartments have everything you could want including kitchen & laundry (washing machine & dryer). Great location, a couple of minute walk to the boardwalk where shopping, eating, drinking is readily available. Views are great all around you. Shopping centre nearby where I bought food & drink to enjoy in my apartment. Big balcony, mine had a view over the estuary, but I assume on the other side they look out to sea. I could live here. Loved it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Townsville, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Room was not cleaned, cigarette butt inside front door on arrival! Floors not cleaned, mould in shower, airconditioners filthy, lounges stained and tables dusty. The inside smelt like stale cigarettes and very musty. The outside deck hadnt been cleaned and had areas that had large stains from drink spills etc on it. Complained to reception regarding the issues, didnt bother staying the second night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tracka16
SeashellsSL, General Manager at Seashells Mandurah, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Tracka16

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Seashells Mandurah and thank you for taking the time to post this review. I was very disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction and inconsistencies regarding the presentation and cleanliness of your designated apartment. We did have 100% occupancy on the night which would have prevented us from being able to provide you with a new apartment, but there is still no cause for such clear discrepancies in our service standards. As a result of your review, we have taken steps to ensure that this neglect does not occur in the future. A detailed and thorough ‘spring clean’ of all our rooms will take place from 1st March 2012, and we look forward to enhancing our product. I sincerely apologise that your experience was not up to standard for our brand.

Yours sincerely

Bram Newbold
Nannup
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

Views, comfort lovelly pool area, Good kitchen in room and great artwork. A good base to have in Mandurah to enjoy the beach experience as well as close to the restaurants and canals.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
perth australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Have now stayed at this hotel 4 times and our last stop in January and must say thing looking a little tired no sun loungers were available around the pool and looked like a few people had non paying guests with them hence no available loungers but overall not bad as the location is good for direct beach access and just a short stroll to Dolphin Quay

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family