“Coffee and Croissants! Life doesn't get any better.”
Review of Gourmandise & Co

Gourmandise & Co
Ranked #1 of 17 Quick Bites in Albany
Price range: USD 6 - USD 24
Cuisines: Deli, French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Gourmandise & Co is a coffee house, wood-fire bakery, communal table and store. Located in the heritage precinct on Stirling Terrace in Albany and brought to you by Xavier and Janette Poupel (formerly Terroir and Table) Gourmandise & Co offers a selection of quality produce to take away or enjoy at our communal table in a rustic french-australian ambience. Lunch service Monday-Friday from 11:30am-2:00pm, and Saturday 11:30am-1:00pm.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am short of words not knowing where to start. Was it the wonderful almond croissant, the perfect cup of coffee or the cosy french cafe charm - This lovely bakery in heart of Albany's historic district left us speechless and asking for more. In a short trip to Albany we visited this cafe several times & almost everything we ate was simply amazing (Ham & cheese croissants, almond croissant, plain croissant & the small pastries). Couldn't help but notice the passionate french baker in the busy kitchen (I would have loved to shake his hands) and the lovely lady behind the counter (Janette I assume?) who treated us with some free pastries on our way back to Perth. I will look forward to my next trip to Albany so I can have my breakfast here every day!

3  Thank Amit B

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Definetly, the best place where you can eat in Australia!
After several times as a custumer i used to work in this place and no doubt you have to taste all the famous chef's recipes...
I would love to eat evryday ther if i can!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Smells divine, glorious almond croissants and perfectly brewed coffee, always with a smile. This is my go to Saturday brekkie after a morning run and before I tackle the Farmers Markets.

Reviewed 11 December 2018

Cute, busy little café on the main café strip in Albany. Nicely decorated/fitted out. Croque monseuir, savoury tart, ham and cheese croissant and 3 drinks $75… all good, beautifully presented but a bit expensive.

Date of visit: October 2018
Janette J, Owner at Gourmandise & Co, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2018

Dear Slash63

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are really delighted you found our product to your liking.

From your post I think that an error may have made in your bill, so if you email me at gourmandiseandcoalbany@gmail.com I can verify the correct value and take the necessary action.

Regards
Janette

Reviewed 4 December 2018

A delightful little slice of France in Albany. Enchanted by the beautifully decorated cosy atmosphere and the flavours. The lovely lady behind the counter slipped me a few extra delicacies for the road.
Merci pour tout votre travail acharné. Nous serons de retour!

Dear Mervyn F

Merci beaucoup for your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you on your return visit to Albany.

Kind Regards