All reviews convenient location comfortable bed twin room new owners per night stayed here for one night two nights motel shower desk simone australia toaster crockery bedding
Reviewed 30 December 2009

My wife and I stayed here for three nights over Christmas. The room was reasonably priced and clean, our two main criteria for this trip as most awake hours were to be spent away from the lodgings. It was merely a base between visits to family and sites, and a place to sleep. It's not the type of place you would stay, however, if looking for somewhere to relax and chill out as the room is smallish, a bit stuffy, and as soon as you exit your front door you are surrounded by concrete and bitumen. Picturesque it is not. The Comfort Inn is walking distance to the downtown area of Albany and thus centrally located to access all of Albany's attractions. The staff seemed friendly enough. We didn't check out the restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I stayed here while taking a drive around the South West of WA with my Uncle. It was clean and the beds were comfortable.The motel is located on the way in to Albany, which is a short drive away. I guess you could walk it if you were keen! We didn't use the restaurant as there are a number of good eateries in Albany CBD.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend visit to Albany with my partner. Our executive room contained a double and a single bed, and was clean and well presented. In-room facilities included a kettle and toaster, plus we were given a carton of fresh milk at reception. The room also had 2 movie channels plus sports channels via foxtel. One advantage of this motel is that it is within a fairly short (10 mins) walking distance to the town centre, unlike many of the motels further out along the albany highway. Booked online and the rate was good value. Overall, a good value stay and and good standard motel, close to the town centre.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2009

My husband, small son and I stayed in a standard room with a double and single bed for a couple of nights on the weekend. It was clean and comfortable and recently refurbished. The linen seemed new and the room freshly painted. The bathroom we had did not have a bath but a large shower with a safety rail .
A s well as the normal tv they had two movie channels, two extra sport channels and sky news. There is a minibar, tea/coffee making and room service available. They have a toaster in the room so if you take your own bread etc you could get away with making your own breakfast if you are on a budget..
This is just a standard motel but certainly my experiience was not as bad as the previous reviewer's. I went through the Choice Hotels website and got a really good price. I think if you are after a good value motel choice then you will be happy with this motel. We didn't eat in the restaurant (booked out) so can't comment on meals.

We were quite satisfied with our stay here.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2007

I was part of a group (33) touring SW of Western Australia, so this was not my choice! If you ever end up in a place, where you think "if I had to stay here too long, I would kill myself", this property is one of them! Basic, Basic, Basic.. it is really just a roof over your head.
Also the meals served in the restaurant reminded me of my work canteen. Shepherds Pie... also all potato.. where was the meat?
Surely, there have to be better places to stay, if one is venturing Albany way...

Stayed: September 2007