Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
chrisuk1000
Broome, Australia

In a hole under the stairs lived a hobbit.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Apr 2021via mobile
Yes you read that correctly. In a hole under the stairs lived a hobbit. Imagine our disappointment to find we had the dull dingy hobbit room hidden under the stairs. Being a Tolkien kind of guy I was immediately reminded of bilbos home. This is not the same as the bright cheery pictures on the website I recall. Then to be told by reception that your disappointment is actually founded, you have in fact got the ‘poor room’, but there’s nothing else available so tough then. Oh and it’s the same price anyway, hmmm I think??? Ripped off I think. Soldier on then, no point worrying about that when reception isn’t going to either.
Reap what you sow people. 1 star experience me thinks. Carry on treating customers like that and your stars will happily dwindle away, hopefully. Stay away from this one if possible.
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Manager, Marketing at Albany Motel & Apartments, responded to this review
Responded 10 Apr 2021
Good afternoon chrisuk1000,

I did reply to your Google Review earlier in the week as I have been on annual leave, however, I would really appreciate if you could give me a method of contacting you as I would like to discuss this and come to a resolution that you will be satisfactory to you.
Obviously we are not in the business of upsetting guests, and I would be very interested to know which staff member referred to the room as the "poor room".
I do understand if it was full hotel the staff member didn't have many options but they certainly could have contacted me about a reduced rate.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Crystal Clear swimming pool
2.3 km from Albany Motel & Apartments
AU$193
2.2 km from Albany Motel & Apartments
Pool
Perfect location a stone's throw from the beach and close to nearby restaurants and bars.
AU$180
    AU$164
5.5 km from Albany Motel & Apartments
Beachfront
View more hotels in Albany
All reviews great location walking distance york street restaurants and cafes ground floor comfy bed would stay here again three nights motel harbour earl anzac toaster spencer units
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2021

We last stayed here quite a while ago and it has been noticeably improved since then. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable. and the bathrooms have been totally redone. We had a harbour view room with a (smallish) balcony but we enjoyed sitting there with an evening glass of wine. Wi Fi works well. Great place to stay for a few days away as it is so centrally situated. We only used the car once or twice whilst we were there.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Manager, Marketing at Albany Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2021

Good morning gnomad60,
Thank you for your very positive feedback and I am thrilled to hear that you noticed all the changes.
Look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 April 2021

Stayed here for three nights and we were very impressed. Beautifully presented room with nice bathroom, all clean as a whistle! Comfortable bed with two sizes in pillows.
Parking was right outside our room even though our room was elevated, was great not having to lug our bags up steps!
Wonderful touches too having the lights and air conditioning on when we arrived, made us feel very welcome! Will stay there again on our next trip to Albany!!

1  Thank Janmartha

Good morning Janmartha,
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you acknowledged the touches that we have implemented to make our guests feel welcome.
The Executive Rooms are definitely one of our more popular rooms with being on a higher level, close to your parking and having a balcony.
Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2021

We enjoyed a very comfortable two night stay at the Best western in Albany. While we did not spend much time there other than sleeping the staff were friendly , our room was clean and we had everything we needed . The location was good , central to everything .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Manager, Marketing at Albany Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2021

Good morning viv396,
Thanks for your 4 star review and informative feedback. So glad you enjoyed your time with us.
Look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 March 2021

We recently stayed here for 4 nights. We had a room on the top floor right at the end of the corridor so it was lovely and quiet and we had a view out to the harbour. The room was very clean and spacious and had everything we needed including super fast internet. Check in and check out was quick and easy with very friendly staff members. The motel is very centrally located with numerous eating places within a 2-3 minute walk. We would definitely stay here again when we next visit Albany.

Room tip: As for a room on the top floor away from the car park
2  Thank Janzreview
The Manager, Marketing at Albany Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2021

Good evening Janzreview
Thank you for the 5 star rating and glowing review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 March 2021

I'm afraid the photos do not show how they really are. It was very clean, but unfortunately that's where the pros stopped. The apartment was very damp always, couldn't seem to do anything to make a difference.
Coffee machine did not work, the bathroom fan sounded like it was going to rattle out of its frame. No facilities whatsoever. They should definitely not be charging hotel prices for a run down, old motel with no sound proofing. Would not recommend.

Room tip: Choose a hotel elsewhere
2  Thank caroline d
The Manager, Marketing at Albany Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2021

Good afternoon caroline d

I am sorry to read you comments, it really seems as though we didn't do anything right during your stay. I would like to ask if you reported the noisy bathroom fan, we aren't always aware of the issues unless customers report them.

I do hope you enjoyed the beauty of Albany and the Amazing South Coast.

Once again my sincere apologises for your non satisfactory stay.

Kind regard