Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
AU$132
850tinl
Canberra, Australia

Charged me minibar but I didn't use it

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Dec 2019
Clean and reasonable price. Close to Knox Shopping Centre. But last time I stayed they charged me for a chocolate bar I did not consume. There was no chocolate in the mini bar when we checked in the room. We told reception at checkout that we did not consume the mini bar. Reception told us it was probably a mistake by their cleaners. Few days later I got charged $7. NOT happy about that. Also last time I stayed in a room smelled cigarette smoke, could be previous customer smoking at the balcony.
Date of stay: November 2019
    AU$194
7.0 km from Golden Pebble Melbourne
Restaurant
View more hotels in Wantirna
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 December 2019

The food was very good and the service quiet and attentive, the price was an the high side but quality was outstanding, plates size was enough but not overly piled up. This is a place I would go to again

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank stretchj2015
Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the Golden Pebble as we were attending a function nearby. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The windows open for fresh air and our room faced a quiet street so we slept peacefully until hearing birdsong in the morning. The bathroom was clean and spacious although if you’re tall you would find the shower head too low. The lift could use a makeover but otherwise everything was in good repair. I’d happily stay there again.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2019

Room was clean and tidy and spacious than expected. The bathroom was very good but the shower head needs to be upgraded as the water does not come out properly (manageable though). My room was located on the 1st floor and didn't have any issues with the noise. Had the breakfast for $12 for 4 choices, not the best breakfast but it will do for me.

Downside: That there are very limited restaurants in the area. If you crave for something else other that the restaurant located within the hotel, you will need to either walk a few kms, drive, or order in (Uber Eats/Deliveroo/Menulog). You can check out the The Knox Club located in front of the hotel (did not try it as per my clients recommendation, so I did not bother. Sorry.) Very limited Uber services in the area, but the hotel can book a taxi for you (you may need to wait 10-15 minutes, so be prepared).

The only other thing is that they charged me for bottled water in the room. I assumed that this was complimentary (most hotels do) but apparently it wasn't (my fault for not checking). So check the mini bar list first if you are going to consume anything from your room.

I chose this hotel as it was just 10mins Uber/Taxi ride to and from my client, very convenient for me.

Hope this helps. Happy travels.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank th3guid3
Reviewed 11 August 2019 via mobile

The place was nice and clean. The staff was friendly and polite. They had breakfast for $12 that you can chose 4 items (but we didn't have it there). There was a restaurant as well which operated separately.. The food was good there too. I totally recommend the hotel and we enjoyed the stay.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2019

Arrived at our room and only one bed paid for two but manager brought up a roll away bed which was comfortable. Room was very clean. Had a balcony room but the view was the tin roof top.
The breakfast was terrible $12.00 and you could pick 4 things off menu.
I chose coffee, toast scrambled,eggs and bacon as my four items. Terrible could not eat it. Staff bossy and didn’t understand English. Actually very rude. A large room with only us in it and they seemed frazzled.

Date of stay: July 2019