Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay
Open today: 9:30 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
Totally Relaxing!!

I had the mini pamper package at Saltair and it was 10/10. Beth was my therapist and she was so... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
amygraceburch
via mobile
Simply superb!

Such a great experience! Had the best massage ever and Georgia was so lovely! Definitely recommend... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Bridgette B
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Torquay
from USD 286.67
from USD 64.59
from USD 198.85
from USD 124.83
More Info
All reviews herbal tea scalp massage mud wrap full body gift voucher amazing experience therapist pregnancy
Reviewed 9 July 2015

The staff are very friendly and the products used are beautiful. Thank you Stacey for the best massage I have ever had. You kneaded out all my sore points and left me feeling pampered and very relaxed.

Date of experience: July 2015
Ben M, Manager at Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2015

Thankyou for your feedback, very much appreciated it. I will ensure that another one of our hard working Saltair Therapists works about your review. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

My experience was overall good at Saltair Day Spa. I had a great Therapist and received a beautiful massage. However, there were a few things that kept it from being a great experience.

I arrived to Saltair earlier then planned. I thought that i would have filled out my form, gotten changed into my gown and then relaxed before my treatment. A lady handed me a form to fill out almost straight away and i completed it within a minute or two. Once she collected the form off me i expected her to take me through to get changed. However she never did. I waited and waited. Eventually i just thought maybe i wont get a gown and ill just get changed in the room. So i decided to make the most of my time in the "reception" area. I would hardly call it a relaxation lounge as it was at the entrance and people were walking in and out and there were a group of ladies who had just finished their treatments and they were talking VERY unnecessarily loudly and it made it hard for me to relax and enjoy the scenery.

My appointment was at 12.45 and my therapist collected me at 12.48. I was then shocked that she took me through to the change room and told me to get dressed into my gown then. I thought why am i doing this now, my treatment has already started. She then showed me the bathroom if i needed to go. Which i did. Meanwhile i was thinking surely this doesnt count towards my 75 minute treatment. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and assumed she would still give me the 75min treatment i thought i booked in for and paid for.

After the treatment finished i went back to the locker room and checked my phone at it said 2pm exactly. I was slightly annoyed that she gibbed my treatment for the time she ran late but also the time she waited for me to get changed. Surely this wasn't right. I didn't see the point in wearing the gown for a whole of 2 seconds. As a therapist myself, i make sure i give my clients the full time they paid for (unless they ran late to their appt). What was the point of asking me to come 15 minutes early if all i was going to do was fill in a small form and not get changed until my treatment had already started. You pay for the time it says and you expect that time. No where did it say that it includes bathroom use and getting changed. The treatment room was very basic as well. No ambiance or candles.

With all of this said, my massage was beautiful and thats the most important thing. You could tell the lady loves what she does. You do need to however live up to your treatment times and not waste time like that. Its simply not good enough.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Paige M
Ben M, Manager at Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Thankyou for your review very much appreciated from a local Beauty Therapist. Pleasing to hear that the treatment and the abilities and standard of the Saltair Therapist was to your expectations and that you enjoyed your treatment. As you suggest there must have been an issue for the therapist to be slightly late for your treatment. There should have been better information of the situation given to you and arrangements made for you to have the allocated treatment time. Please contact the manager if you wish to discuss what had occurred further. Thankyou for your feedback, any feedback good or bad helps us to maintain our high standards and reputation.

Reviewed 24 June 2015

The most amazing experience ever. Thank you so much for making me feel like I was floating on clouds. I will definitely remember my day with you. Staff were very professional and treated me with respect. The products are amazing. I will definitely return. Tranquility achieved.

Date of experience: June 2015

Thankyou for your feedback, I will ensure the hard working Saltair Therapist will hear your kind words. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

My mom and I are from California and love day spas. I enjoyed the massage and the staff are friendly. I felt like the venue need more areas to kick back and relax. I've been to several day spas and I wish there was a spa, steam room or some place to actually enjoy the views and chill out . It's a nice place to have treatments done but not really spend the day unless you go from one treatment to another which can get really expensive.

Date of experience: June 2015

It is pleasing to see that you and your Mom enjoyed your treatments from the Saltair Therapists, considering the worldly experience you have. Thankyou for your review, very much appreciate it, we are currently working on an additional lounge area as you described that is needed for extended 4 hour + treatments. The room that you describe will be available in a few weeks and we hope that you return to experience it. Thankyou for your feedback, good or bad they help us to maintain direction of achieving consistent high standards.

Reviewed 18 June 2015

Peaceful surroundings, scented gardens, friendly experienced staff, beautiful products, & pampering that wont be forgotten easily!! What more can I say, thankyou saltair spa retreat for taking me to a magical get away for the day. I will be back soon for a girls pampering weekend! :) xx

Date of experience: June 2015
Ben M, Manager at Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2015

Thankyou for your feedback, good or bad reviews helps us continue along the direction of providing an exceptional Day Spa experience. Hope to see you soon again too. Kind Regards.