Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay
Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Massage & facial

The collagen facial is amazing. Beth did an amazing job, highly recommended to all. So relaxing... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from USD 188.00
from USD 10.40
from USD 48.10
More Info
All reviews herbal tea relaxation massage amazing massage skin care mud wrap deep tissue massage surf coast gift voucher amazing experience therapist pampering exfoliation pregnancy favour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The collagen facial is amazing.
Beth did an amazing job, highly recommended to all. So relaxing and these facials actually work!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a 3hr chillout at Saltair today and it was amazing. From the moment we walked in the door it was instant relaxation and and perfect hosting. We had an exfoliation, mud wrap, massage, facial and scalp treatment and it was perfect. My boyfriend was wondering what I signed us up for and after I heard a couple of quiet snores I knew he as enjoying it as much as I did! Georgia and Beth were so lovely and were extremely professional.

The whole experience was wonderful and the facial was definitely one of the best I’ve ever had!

The place and the products were beautiful and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I have been to Saltair a couple of years back and was very happy with it then.
This visit, I wasn't disappointed.
It's a very peaceful salon and Jacinta my therapist gave me a heavenly 90 minute massage with just the right pressure.
Herbal tea in the lounge after, overlooking the views to the sea, completed this little piece of luxury.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I was booked in for a deep tissue massage yesterday. Ut was my first time visiting saltair and I was blown away by the amazing view and surroundings! Upon entry I was greeted by the lovely staff and immediately felt like I was in a 5star spa retreat. My massage was with a young lady named Amber and without a doubt that was the best massage I have ever had, she knew exactly where my pain had been and was easy to communicate with about the massage pressure. I went in feeling tight and exhausted and I left feeling refreshed and as light as a bubble. I will be bad without a doubt and have already recommended saltair and amber to all of my family and friends!
I know that we all work to survive financially but I truly believe amber is passionate in what she does and although I'm sure she hears it all the time I'll say it anyway, she did an amazing job in making this mum of 2 feel comfortable and relaxed and not guilty for taking time for myself because my body needed it. I will be back soon for more amazing treatments

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Massage and fantastic facial with Made at Saltair, would have to be one of the best treatments I have ever had !! Highly recommend Saltair and Made !! From the moment I walked in I felt pampered.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

As a treat, thought I'd surprise my mum with a Saltair spa luxury package. Deluxe facial and massage. When we arrive the peace and serenity of the property is felt at once. The peaceful bubbling of the water fountains and sitting in front of the picture windows with the incredible views was breathtaking. The treatment and the staff were lovely. All round it was a lovely relaxing treat. As expected it is a little pricey but for a special treat- well worth it!

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

I was passing through Torquay and decided to treat myself to a 90 minute relaxation massage. Great idea to choose Saltair - a great venue tucked away 8mins from the sea but has a sea view from their relaxation lounge. Friendly staff and a very relaxing massage, I actually fell asleep. Highly recommend to take some time out of your busy schedules for - you time.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

I was the lucky recipient of a gift voucher. I had the vitamin C facial. It was absolutely wonderful! The beautician was very professional and knowledgeable and made the whole experience blissful. And my skin felt amazing afterwards.

The venue is lovely with a fabulous outlook. My spa room wall was all glass and gives you a lovely view of the garden with the mist drifting over it (and I am told there's a lovely view when it isn't foggy too).

TIP - take the time to enjoy a cup of peppermint or herbal tea after your treatment and relax and enjoy the view through the wall to wall glass window.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Saltair spa is a perfect blend of feeling like you are on holiday in your own town and receiving world class treatments by staff that are very experienced and make you feel great every time. I continue to enjoy the services provided here. Today I enjoyed a facial treatment with Made who is knowledgable with the Babor products she uses as well as providing a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Thank you

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Such a beautiful calm space. Love going here for small treatments like a wax but the massages can either be amazing or terrible. I was told that they were amazing and qualified at pregnancy massages- I was 30 weeks pregnant. After the massage I ended up in hospital as the young masseuse didn’t really have the experience needed to massage pregnancy properly (doctors words) and when I rang to tell them I was basically disregarded. Have also received vouchers for here for a massage and on two separate occasions have had bad experiences with staff where I have asked them not to touch my lower back and one masseuse actually kept trying to massage my lower back-3 separate times I said to her ‘please don’t massage that area’ and even drew a line in biro for her not to rub yet she still tried... it was such a stressful experience for me.
Other experience with massage was just as bad.
I would def go here for small things like wax or manicure but will always avoid the massages as staff don’t listen to what it is you actually want and then afterwards try to sell you their product for 10mins... not relaxing at all.
Set in a great space and designed really well and very calming- just need some better staff who are willing to do what you book in for ie: massage style and also be experienced or trained in meeting clients needs

3  Thank melarmy
RachelSpaManager, Manager at Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

We believe you have incorrectly named or selected our buisness for this review. There has been no complaints made to us the reflect this incident in anyway and we do not perform 'Wax and Manicure' treatments as mentioned.

This review has been request to be removed by Tripadvisor.