“An artistic haven”

Blarney Books and Art
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Port Fairy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We are a bookshop (both secondhand and new) and an art space. Exhibitions change regularly. We are also the home of the annual book art competition. Recently we have added a stage to our shop, so we are now able to host music, performances and book talks - please email us if you have any ideas! We encourage people to come in and spend time browsing, settle on a couch with a book, play a game of chess, give the piano / pianola a go, and we have a great train track set for the kids! Open daily through January. Thus - Mon 11-4 all other times.
Reviewed 12 August 2017

What a delight! We wandered into a little piece of book/art heaven. Hundreds of books, eclectic fixtures & fittings - and a great jazz cd playing. What an atmosphere. You could while away hours in such comfortable peaceful surrounds. Make it a must-do when down that way, you wont

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

A beautifully vibrant bookshop and art gallery full of treasures. Absolutely loved the art works while my children all enjoyed browsing the books. The owner is very friendly and a delight to chat with. I would love to have a place like this near where I live.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is a delightful and inviting bookshop! I wish it was in my town! So sweet with a cosy and bright atmosphere and a very interesting range of books! I loved the tower of books that greets you at the entrance and bought two lovely selection of poetry!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Pop in to browse through hundreds of second hand and new books and an art exhibitions which are book related or inspired. Owners Jo and Dean also host frequent musical evenings, readings, children's theatre groups and much more. Check out their website.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

A great little shop to browse through. The day I visited there was a display by an artist who had drawn sketches into old books.The shop had a very welcoming relaxed atmosphere.