“Recommended”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2024

Attended for dinner which didn’t disappoint.

An entree of pork belly bits and fish and chips ( Flake).

All meals flavoursome and substantial.

Quaint restaurant and pub.

Friendly staff

Date of visit: May 2024

Reviewed 10 April 2024 via mobile

Two of us visited for dinner on our three day stopper on our road trip on the Great Ocean Road, staying in Port Campbell. An early dinner and drinks in this lovely old pub was a pleasant surprise. Bookings heavy, even on a Wednesday night, but school holidays added to the crowd.
We enjoyed two magnificent meals, mine a chunky beef and stout pie, and seafood fettuccine for my man, both fabulous, particularly my pie, best ever!
Drinks by the glass were appropriate, rosé for me, Chardonnay for my man, both very nice. An amazing little pub to visit.

Date of visit: April 2024
Reviewed 5 April 2024

This was recommended to us by our lodging owners. We were wondering if it would be very good or just a touristy place but it was really one of the surprises of our trip. They had some incredibly interesting specials. My wife had the Mediterranean spiced swordfish with pan fried duck vegetables and I had a fantastic seafood fettucini with red sauce that had 6 different types of seafood. Both were fantastic. We sat next to a roaring log fire. They had a separate pretty cool bar area. We would highly recommend it.

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 22 March 2024

We had dinner here after the owner of our hotel recommended it. Some of the best Lamb shank I have ever had. A bit of different way of ordering as you order you food by the kitchen and pay and then go over to the bar and order and pay for beverages. Self serve water is also available.

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 11 March 2024 via mobile

The place was packed, we didn't have a booking but they offered us a table in the garden which was fine. Good range of reasonably priced options on the menu and the service was fast and friendly. Now I wouldn't normally write about a meal in a pub but oh my lordy the fish was fabulous. I would have been more than happy to forgo the chips and salad (nothing wrong with either BTW) and just take a plate full of that sweet flesh perfectly cooked fresh fish in a light crunchy non oily batter with a side of salt grinder and a lemon.

Date of visit: February 2024