“Tour bus visit to Port Campbell”

Waves Cafe Bar and Restaurant
Price range: AU$22 - AU$28
Cuisines: Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

Great location- was recommended by tour bus driver and glad he did. Service was fast! Great food and wonderful staff!

Reviewed 20 December 2019

The waitress was very nice but the food was average and pricey. Surprised that Malt Vinegar was not available for traditional "Fish and Chips"..... chairs were very noisy every time someone sat down and the mens loo's were not working and quite disgusting!!

Reviewed 12 December 2019

I went here for dinner last night and the food was disgusting. The fish was just rotten, I had the softshell crab, which I sent back after two bites. Instead I ordered the pasta with salmon. I took one bite and spit it out. I’ve never had such a disgusting meal in my entire life (I’m fifty).

Reviewed 24 November 2019

We had lunch here, mid-week. There weren’t many people in the restaurant, but the food was very good, and the service was very friendly. I had roasted vegetable soup, and it was excellent. I would definitely go back again.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank Gay D
Reviewed 15 November 2019

Just awful! My mother and I came here for lunch, she ordered the barramundi and I order the mussels (on the specials board). My mother noted immediately after tasting her fish that it was obviously frozen fish and not fresh as advertised and that it was rubbery, although she didn't really like it she did eat it. The mussels on the other hand were inedible. They too were clearly frozen, with some not having been thawed properly, they all still had the beards on them and the sauce was just cream.

The meal was taken back to the kitchen, with no offer of a replacement or an apology after I informed the waiter of the issue.

After receiving the bill I questioned why the cost of the mussels was still on there, the waiter told me he nor anyone else in the restaurant knew how to or was authorized to remove an item off of a bill. After much debate I had no choice but to pay the whole bill (mussels included) as I did not have the time nor energy to push a point that was going nowhere.

The whole experience just put a real damper on the day when my mum and I were supposed to be enjoying a holiday. Worst restaurant experience I have ever encountered.

Date of visit: November 2019