“Disgusting, I puked”

Cuisines: Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2019

I went here for dinner last night and the food was disgusting. The fish was just rotten, I had the softshell crab, which I sent back after two bites. Instead I ordered the pasta with salmon. I took one bite and spit it out. I’ve never had such a disgusting meal in my entire life (I’m fifty).

Date of visit: December 2019

Reviewed 24 November 2019

We had lunch here, mid-week. There weren’t many people in the restaurant, but the food was very good, and the service was very friendly. I had roasted vegetable soup, and it was excellent. I would definitely go back again.

1  Thank Gay D
Reviewed 15 November 2019

Just awful! My mother and I came here for lunch, she ordered the barramundi and I order the mussels (on the specials board). My mother noted immediately after tasting her fish that it was obviously frozen fish and not fresh as advertised and that it was rubbery, although she didn't really like it she did eat it. The mussels on the other hand were inedible. They too were clearly frozen, with some not having been thawed properly, they all still had the beards on them and the sauce was just cream.

The meal was taken back to the kitchen, with no offer of a replacement or an apology after I informed the waiter of the issue.

After receiving the bill I questioned why the cost of the mussels was still on there, the waiter told me he nor anyone else in the restaurant knew how to or was authorized to remove an item off of a bill. After much debate I had no choice but to pay the whole bill (mussels included) as I did not have the time nor energy to push a point that was going nowhere.

The whole experience just put a real damper on the day when my mum and I were supposed to be enjoying a holiday. Worst restaurant experience I have ever encountered.

Reviewed 14 November 2019 via mobile

Recommended by our travel guide we did find this gem. Very good food in nice surroundings. Not on the beach but much better than those on the beach.

2  Thank NRH2013
Reviewed 9 November 2019 via mobile

The accommodation is described as “Luxury”, and it certainly is not.

The rooms are across the service and parking area behind the restaurant with no protection from the weather, very wet in our case. What is almost unbelievable in this day and age is that there is no internet at all provided in this bedroom block! However, it can be obtained in the restaurant which is rather public.

The bedroom, described as a “Queen Suite” was plain, bland and totally character less, and was a single room not a suite. The bed quality was poor and left much to be desired, but more importantly the quality of the hard and lumpy pillows was far from what you would expect in any modern accommodation in order to enable comfortable sleep. Regarding cleanliness, this was excellent.

A final rather bizarre situation was that you had to fill out a form before breakfast indicating what you wanted from a very limited choice. At our breakfast time, however, we did find out that this establishment does have a good and wide choice menu, but were told that this was unavailable to clients staying on B&B terms. Be aware of this if you expect normality!

On the plus side we did have a warm welcome at reception, and other staff as well were very pleasant and tried to be as helpful as possible.