This hotel is smack bang in the centre of Lorne. A short walk to the shops and beach, and situated in sprawling and immaculate grounds, it should be a perfect place to stay.
We booked a 2 bed apartment, which is actually a 1 bed apartment and a hotel room connected by a common vestibule. It was on the top floor of a block of 20 rooms, located on the property boundary near the river.
The room was spacious and clean. It is showing some signs of wear and tear, but was comfortable and in reasonably good condition. There was an unstocked refrigerator in each room (don't expect minibar offerings), a kitchen in the main room and small balconies on each room. The outlook wasn't over the ocean, but pleasant enough and only overlooked on one side by a neighbouring block of rooms. There was undercover parking for 1 car, that I think goes with the main room.
The staff were friendly enough, but we had a major problem with noise on one night and even after making complaints we got the impression that they weren't going to do anything. We ended up calling the police ourselves ... and still the noise continued until 3am. The moral to the story is to keep away from this end of the resort on weekends.
The breakfast offered in the main building was well below expectations. The food was ok, but the dining area was unclean, and understaffed.
This place, and the 2 bed apartments is probably great for families. There are tennis course and a putt-putt (mini-golf) area. Plenty of room for the kids to run around. And it is more suited to self caterers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only beachfront property in Lorne, Mantra Lorne is tastefully built around the oldest permanently operating guesthouse in Victoria. Located on 12 acres of lush landscaped gardens, Mantra Lorne offers a range of facilities including a family friendly Brasserie and Bar, Endota Day Spa, 18 hole putt putt course and heated indoor pool. Local attractions surrounding and within easy reach of the resort include Erskine Falls, the Twelve Apostles, Split Point Lighthouse and the Angahook State Forest. Positioned at the gateway of the iconic Great Ocean Road, Mantra Lorne is less than an hours drive from Avalon Airport and under two hours drive from Melbourne. There is a range of accommodation options including resort rooms, one and two bedroom apartments as well as Heritage Hotel rooms. The one and two bedroom apartments are fully self contained and feature kitchen and share laundry facilities, reverse cycle air conditioning, private balcony and VCR or DVD players. One bedroom apartments can be conjoined with resort rooms to create a twin key two bedroom family environment. Resort rooms and hotel rooms feature a range of outlooks including filtered ocean views or garden views and some offer spa baths. Apartments are serviced every third day of stay (i.E. 4Th and 8th day) unless stipulated otherwise at the time booking. *Note - As bedding configurations vary please request your requirements at time of booking, but please note this request cannot be guaranteed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mantra Lorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Erskine Beach Hotel Lorne
- Mantra Erskine Beach Lorne
- Lorne Erskine Resort
- Mantra Lorne South Pacific