“My Hens weekend....Awesome!”

Great Ocean Road Cottages
Ranked #4 of 22 Speciality Lodging in Lorne
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I booked double tents as my Hens wekend away as didnt want middle aged women to stay in dorms. We got full use of kitchen, bathrooms and great pressure in showers and what can I say PAKI!

Paki and his partner Kim run the show and what a greeting! Paki couldnt do enough to make us feel comfortable and even offered my pregnant friend a discounted room as it was a small walk to the tents and she needed to be close to a toilet.

The wildlife (and I dont mean the men at the disco) including the local Koala and the Cockatoos and King Parrots were amazing and any overseas traveller must stay here. I had stayed in the cottages twice before Paki ran the place and it has definately improved.

I highly recommend it and nothing was too much of an effort for Paki. I will return with my family and friends in a few months and have taken many brochures back to my owrk with me.

Thank you for making my Hens weekend so comfortable and memorable. Keep up the great work and the tents were amazingly comfortable. Thank You

Room Tip: Definately opt for tents and not dorms as you can stand in them and they also have lights and beds w...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danielle D

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Dan's hens weekend away - 8 girls middle aged stayed in the permanate tents; The tents had lights with 2 single beds. We had great service and a happy face greet us and made sure we were all set for our stay. We were giving tips on where to eat etc.
I would recommend these cottage and will return for another realxing holiday.

Room Tip: Our tents were to the bottom of the road, the road was a no through rd, and no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katherine R
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We are a family of 6 , our 4 kids have had the best time !!! The scenery was gorgeous , the cockies are so friendly . We had a very relaxing time. Place is clean , great set up.
The service was friendly and helpful. We can't wait to return. Thanks so much. :D from the Spiteris. 5 star rating from us

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Rockmumof4
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Our fridge was playing up and when i mentioned it to the chap at the front desk, he said he would fix the problem,[it was too cold]. The next day a new fridge was delivered to our cottage,straight out of the box, and the old one taken away, no fuss at all. Great service...
we stayed there during the peak period, it was very busy ,and the management went out of their way to make our time there most enjoyable. Lorne is a very busy and noisy place in January, However the cottages are a great peaceful refuge, i slept for eleven hours and woke up feeling great,The kids can approach the staff , and they made a new friend with Henry,We were well looked after and a little bit spoiled,have already booked our next stay there in march. Cant wait Thankyou guys for a great holiday
Peter Fallon

Room Tip: all the cottages are excellent, the birds will find you , no matter what one your in , also had a vi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank peter f
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My wife 77 (lover, companion and friend), my daughter 45 (adored and admired), my grandson 17 (cherished in wonder) and my son-in-law ? (respected and liked) all happily stayed at Great Ocean Road Cottages. We felt thoroughly spoiled. The wild bird life liked us and paid visits. Our abode was more than adequate for us - clean, modern yet homely with all mod cons including cooking gear and eating implements. The setting is idyllic and kept like a botanic gardens. It's an easy walk to the beach - I'm 76 so I'm not into mountain climbing or such heart-pumping pastimes. The shops are within coo-ee and are relaxed and friendly. Folks, what more could one want? As a boy my family holidayed in leaky tents or stayed in bush pubs where we slept top to tail. How lucky we are in Oz to have such a wondrous spot. Oh, and the other good part, the managers are human with an express desire to make your stay a happy and memorable one - or that's how my family found them.
Peter Russell-Clarke.