All reviewstram stopsmall kitchenettequality suitespleasant stayfree wifioff street parkingbeds were comfortablechecking inwater pressure isstayed nightsyogurtvisiting familyboth timesmelbourne cbdcitysupermarketmotel
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed with a large party for a music conference and were surprised at how little our needs were considered.
There was no room cleaning or replenishment during our 4 night stay- wet towels (fresh ones were given to some people who complained in person at reception- on the rare occasions one could find this manned) and no rubbish collection.
Arrangements with staff and times given to open conference rooms etc were often not met or done late.
And most sadly, several of our members had things ‘vanish’ from their rooms: small amounts of cash, gift cards, and other items.
All discussion I had with staff left me frustrated, feeling they were rude and curt.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Ashley G
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was extremely disappointed and customer service was sadly lacking. A problem with my booking resulted in no room being available. The person on reception advised me of this. There was no offer to help me find another place to stay or to assist with resolving the issue in any way. Unbelievably, it turned out the staff member was the manager. She actually left the reception desk, going to another part of the hotel, leaving me high and dry. There was a 'no care' attitude.

Room Tip: Extremely poor customer service.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pam S
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I would hate to work here because like the the good staff that do work here one would be frustrated by the lack of investment and care taken with the building itself
It is grubby and tired light fittings need dusting front and side porch doors need good clean and tiles etc in bathroom cracked
The room is littered with pay as you go traps is the bottle of wine and crisps a free gift?
The three dollar bottles of water are not!
I am afraid this place is simply not good value in spite of the staff doing their best

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank razorfishsalt
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Unfortunately I had a booking of multiple days and with limited hotel availability due to the Grand Prix was forced to put up with the appalling standards of cleanliness over an extended period. Very grotty. They only clean every other day and then this is done in a very cursory manner. When we arrived still hair in the bathroom, fridge not cleaned out, dust on everything, table smeared with something. Complaining made no real difference. Staff seem fairly indifferent I imagine they've heard it all before. Strongly recommend to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jed S
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I was looking for the Quality in 'Quality Suites'
Staff were ok but not exceptional. The first staff member 'Eve' greeted us very warmly and took us to our room but that's where the quality stopped really.
First impression was like expected - it looked tidy. "Let's have a cup of tea!!" next thing i realize i'm drinking from a cup that hadn't been washed (the lip part at least) as there were a few dry tea slurps around the edge. Then on inspection of all our inner rooms we noticed it wasn't very clean. The furniture really needs upgrading, the phone to the room doesn't work and there was absolutely no information in the room and none given about breakfast or any other service. Even though we could see a lovely breakfast area at reception. I heard one lady at reception say she was disappointed that her breakfast didn't arrive at her room this morning and that no apology was given.
Just very disappointed. I'm not sure who actually takes notice of these reviews from their management team but i would sure love to take over. As a customer I would have expected more. Our booking was made by my partner's assistant at work so we didn't get to read other reviews first or we would have never come. Bye bye 'Quality Suites'

Room Tip: Just don't expect much!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business