All reviews the main house homemade biscuits driftwood cottage self contained cottage phillip island breakfasts were excellent brown toiletries home from home penguin parade beautiful property modern facilities other guests little touches two night stay the cottages two nights comfy bed
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Was so excited to come across this beautiful property when trying to decide where to spend our second wedding anniversary. After checking the reviews I was sold that this was the place.
Upon arrival I went to reception to check in and was greeted by a lady who seemed less than impressed that I was here early, (even though I had requested a 1pm check in on my booking) I was told I was too early and check in wasn't until 2pm but it would be fine to go to the room now.
The 'Driftwood' was stunning, set back in a quiet courtyard, beautiful white louvres, hardwood floors, beautifully decorated, bright and open.
We had an amazing weekend and had came down to Cowes when the night market was on at the pier which was only a 2 minute walk away.
Would definitely recommend to anyone for a relaxing weekend away, just don't check in early!

Stayed: March 2017
Holmwood, Owner at Holmwood Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

I am the lady who greeted you and I must apologise for the impression I gave! We pride ourselves on being warm and friendly and also make every endeavour to accommodate people wanting to check in early. Your comments are a reminder that sometimes we don't come across as we intend to. I am so pleased that despite your "rocky start" you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you come back - and by all means check in early! Jill

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Like many of the others we had a very pleasant stay in a very comfortable room, brightly decorated and well thought out with quality furnishings.
On arrival there was no one around as we were after the 16.00 check in time, however there was an envelope with our name on it which gave the details of how to check in, simple. After a good nights sleep we met out host Jill, helpful and chatty, she helped us refine our travel plans and we left after a serious breakfast, the type that you won't be needing to think about lunch !

After taking Jill's advice we were fortunate enough to see penguins and Wallabies on our walks.
Much later I discovered that I had left something behind, Jill had already tried to contact us and kindly forwarded it to our next hotel. Thanks Jill much appreciated.

Stayed: February 2017

Thanks for your lovely review and I am glad you caught up with your Ipad - not a good thing to leave behind when you are holidaying.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

After a warm welcome by the owner, we had a beautiful cottage.
Everything look nice and was very clean. We got very good advice about what to do and where to eat.
The nicest was that we got a beach plaid and towels in a beach bag. Very nice and handy. Also the beach , just a view minutes walk away was very nice and quiet.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Hi Jan - you certainly struck it lucky with the weather. March has been a beautiful month for swimming on our beach. Both weather and water have been warm. Thanks for taking the time to review Holmwood

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, a lovely B&B with everything you need, the hostess was both welcoming and informative. Really clean and tidy rooms with all requirements catered for.
Breakfast was spot on with a gourmet touch.
We would definitely return and recommend to all. A great and friendly service that helps make a stay memorable.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven D

Thank you for your kind review Steven.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Everything about Holmwood is of the highest quality, and it is one of the best guesthouses we have ever stayed at. Tastefully furnished with good facilities and a superb breakfast. The service is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple