All reviews enjoyed our stay ocean motel views sunrise
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Very friendly people and they will do everything to make you feel at home.
I saw alady coming in asking something about dinner for her child, that was a bit of a difficult eater, and I heard the owner say she wanted to make something special for the kid so it woud be happy.
Now that is service :)

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Free C
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Wow! What a disgusting experience.
The manager was rude from the minute I arrived.
Not friendly, nor welcoming nor did I feel like a "valued guest" as the official decription states.
In fact, I felt like a burden.
I agree with other reviews, an absolute rip off for an old grotty hotel.
When I explained this to management she suggested I cancel my booking which was on line and she could upgrade me. What a load of nonsence.
I couldn't stay one night and ended up finding a gem of a place instead which cost me $60 less a night.
Do yourself a favour and drive past this place.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Angie K
skenescreeklodge2018, Guest Relations Manager at Skenes Creek Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Angie K
Most other motel rooms in the region were built in the same era as us .. and we all function under health regulations and during my recent inspection.. NOT AN ISSUE ...
As another difunctional on line booking ( we are out own trivagos) you didn’t get the
“ best room for the best price “
Yes you could have
cancelled your online booking
Had it refunded and
traded a rural outlook room
For an ocean view room
And got a slightly cheaper rate ..
I operate this business and if I can help l do !!!
I made you the offer and you refused it .. ??
Booking and paying direct saves customers extra fees .. 12 & 15 % commissions don’t come free
Nor does card fees ..@ about another 2%
Hope you enjoyed your vacation ...
hopefully this helps others to make e informed choices ..

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The property looks out onto a fabulous expanse of ocean, so you can literally go to sleep to the sound of the waves. Outside table and chairs are also provided.

Clean rooms with everything you'd need. Awesome location! Beautiful beachfront view, 3 minute walk to beach and rock pools and only a short trip to Apollo Bay. The electric blanket made it even more cosy. The rooms are elegantly furnished, clean and tidy. A large lawn stretched from the accommodation down to the road. Well manicured. Bathroom very clean and great shower.

People are friendly, helpfull and the rooms are clean and come with utensils, an oven and a fridge.

You will find 7 high quality pictures of the motel in my gallery.

There is also a licensed restaurant as part of the property.Perfect for a short or long stop before continuing on the road. I would recommend anyone travelling through Great Ocean Road to stay at this welcoming motel.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank piotrekj81
skenescreeklodge2018, Guest Relations Manager at Skenes Creek Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2018

Pleasure hosting you during your stay ..
great you had a chance to experience and appreciate what we offer
See you next trip ..
thanks for the photos ...they are great ..

Thanks for your review

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Last resort/minute stay <$200. Surprisingly, I had a good experience with Management. Rooms were clean, comfy & had beautiful 180° seaviews with relaxing sound of waves breaking. Had nosey extended family who kept talking loudly in Indian [either side of us] till 10pm, however my husband got the last laugh as he snored loudly the rest of the night away . So try & request end of row unit for maximum comfort as loud voices & snoring are audible to adjacent units.

Room tip: End of row unit for quietness
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria R
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Joyce, the lady at the front desk, is an extremely arrogant and rude woman. Was abusive just because we accidently missed the car park by few yards and ended up driving in. Had to book another accommodation the last minute; almost ruined our whole holiday and we do not wish it upon anyone else. Please avoid staying at this place.

Date of stay: June 2017
5  Thank Lona J
skenescreeklodge2018, Guest Relations Manager at Skenes Creek Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2018

Who arrives at a motel at 10:30 am,
Drives past the carpark, past reception and to the furthest end of the property, intending to have a sleep because they got up at what time to arrive
3 1/2 hours before checkin at 2:00 pm ..
clearly tired and grumpy..
Then turn on people doing their days work..
Book in for the night before to avoid getting up so early then you have a room for the day ..
please don’t be disrespectful to people in this industry!!! It’s unfair ..!!!

Plenty of guests have enjoyed their stay ..

Thanks for your review