“I love my wombats”

and up
Tasmania Sightseeing Pass:3-Day Flexi Card
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Bicheno
More attraction details
Owner description: East Coast Natureworld is Tasmania's premier natural wildlife and Ecology park. Experience the freedom to roam and relax in 160 acres of parkland and lagoon, or get involved and hand feed some of the free ranging Kangaroos. Guaranteed viewing of Tasmanian Devils, Tasmanian Tigers (Snakes & cats of course), Quolls, Wombats, Cape barren Geese, Eagles, Owls, Bettongs, Pademelons, Cockatoos, Native & Exotic Parrots and much more. Check out the East Coast Heritage & Mining Display with an 1850's mine, while learning about coastal History. The Wildspot Gallery Cafe restaurant serves food all day and has a menu to suit all pallets. Animal Feeding and meet the keeper at 10am 12.30 And 3.30 Daily. Extensive Souvenir Shop featuring Tasmanian & Australian made Gifts.
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I'm glad I got to visit. if you are visiting this side of Tassie then come here, if you are going to cradle mountain then visit the reserve in mole creek.
I got to hand feed kangaroos and wallabies. and I saw some adorable wombats and the feeding of the Tassie devil is cool and interesting. I think the feeding was about half an hour and I spent about 1.5 hours total there. Drive slower once the sun sets, or you will hit wildlife, I avoided everything that ran out in front of me. 1 Tassie devil and 1 kangaroo.

1  Thank billy t

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Could not b better. Nat was awesome. The animals love her. She's a mine of useful info. Met Esther, Teddy and George. Best wombats in Tassie. Fantastic day. Great place. Good toastie and hot chocolate in Cafe also.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved this place! Did the feeding tours, the guides were so informative and kept it interesting! The enclosures are impressive and the animals interactive and beautiful. Had a light lunch and coffee there and was not disappointed! The kids were happy too. Extremely friendly staff and you can really tell they adore the animals they care for and love their jobs. Thoroughly impressed!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We had a great time at this park. It was relatively quiet when we visited with only a handful of other people there. And when they are dispersed throughout this huge attraction, you really feel like you have the place to yourself!

We enjoyed attending the feeding sessions and learning more about the animals from the knowledgable guide (I'd highly recommend the Tasmanian Devil feeding session). There is also plenty of sign-posted information on the animals throughout the park.

The animals at the zoo seem healthy and content - most are kept in large, open-air enclosures and some are also free to roam the park. Those that are left to roam free can be hand-fed food which is purchased at the entrance.

I would recommend allowing 2-3 hours to visit this attraction.

1  Thank David C
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We came here with a toddler and 2 young children and we all loved it. Keepers were informative and friendly, even accomodating when taking photos. While the cafe had their winter menu of toasted sandwiches and chips and other like food, we were very content after coming in from the cold. We saw kangaroos, swans, various types of birds and of course tassie devils and wombats.

1  Thank nhugget