Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
COOJ24
Canberra, Australia

Don't waste your money; awful food and poorly maintained

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Nov 2023
Stayed here as part of a tour group; Trade Travel

All rooms need a refurbishment and it looks as if they were doing that with four at the front. My room out the back, #32, left a lot to be desired. Plastic furniture painted a strange orange colour to supposedly look like wood?

This room is right next to the pool so if you want peace and quiet in the warmer months, request somewhere else. It was clean but there was a strange bump in the floor that I almost tripped over and the chairs had been gouged out somehow; very unsightly as well as unhealthy.

Worse was a very steep slope to get to the room with no handrails. Someone is going to have a nasty accident there one day pulling a heavy case that will propel them down the slope and likely fall over; especially problematic for anyone with even slight mobility issues.

No lounge to sit in and relax before dinner: the door to the dining room was locked. Very limited choices of rather ordinary wines by the glass when it did open. The food at dinner was inedible even though it was pre-ordered days in advance; a Trade Travel policy that regrettably, happened with most main meals. Here it was greasy batter with dry tasteless fish and small serve of salad out of a packet (supermarkets do it better). 'Fruit salad' was diced peaches and pears from a tin dumped into a bowl with a sliver of maraschino cherry as 'decoration'. It was so awful one spoonful was enough. It appeared again at breakfast, which was also substandard. We were told that breakfast was at 7am but when we all turned up at 7am it had suddenly changed to 7.30am because 'that's what was on the manifest'. I have no idea who made the mistake, but it was very poorly communicated and managed.

Don't bother with this place or Trade Travel; neither of them is value for money.
Date of stay: October 2023
0.5 km from Beachfront Bicheno
  • Agoda.com
0.4 km from Beachfront Bicheno
Free Wifi
Great for warmer weather!
1.0 km from Beachfront Bicheno
0.7 km from Beachfront Bicheno
2 Bedroom Cottage
    0.6 km from Beachfront Bicheno
    View more hotels in Bicheno
    All reviews bistro attached room was clean pub next door bottle shop the pub ocean view the east coast walk in shower great place to stay seafood queen bed town centre motel balcony tasmania accommodation toaster
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 16 October 2023

Nice, decent hotel. Came with fridge, kettle (tea & coffee). The town is quite small so you can walk everywhere, including up to a beautiful lookout. The restaurant attached to the hotel had good food & service. There's also a pool that our small back patio looked on to.

Date of stay: September 2023
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 23 August 2023

Had dinner at the Bistro, fantastic food and service from the staff , would rate it 10 out of 10 great experience would recommend give it a try, it hard to find service of this level today, glad we stopped in

Reviewed 25 July 2023

Booked through booking .com for a mobile only basic suite. but got charged a extra charge for a upgrade I didn't authorise! I checked my bank account and noticed a second charge of $80 came out of my account. when I called to enquire what the extra charge was for apparently it was room upgrade I didn't ask for and wasn't informed about. we had issues with the blunt and very unprofessional reception staff member as well. we arrived 15 mins early and told room wasn't ready to go away and would be called when room ready. that call never came! we went back a hour later and I asked why I wasn't called. she said I forgot it got buzy which it definately wasn't! ..extremely rude and unprofessional experience. so have to wait to see if I end up getting reimbursed. would not stay here again or recommend!...

Room tip: check your bank statement to see you don't get overcharged!
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 13 July 2023

Service was excellent here - they rang my phone to give me directions just as I was about to get lost at the neighbouring pub The reception of this place is behind the hotel so if you're there you've gone one street too far (when coming from the north). The lady who checked me in was really friendly and full of enthusiasm for the town. The room was warm, beds comfortable. It was a little noisier than I would have liked due to the pub next door and it being a motor inn style motel, with cars driving past your window. Having said that, it makes it easier to pack the car with it right outside your door! I was what we needed for a one night stay though and Bicheno is a very pretty little town.

1  Thank B_Kyles
    Reviewed 20 June 2023

Beachfront Bicheno is in the perfect location. It was close to the town to walk for groceries, eating establishments, and the harbor for the coastal walk. We stayed in Room 2 which is located in the middle of the complex and had a view of the parking lot. Splurge for a room with views of Waubs Bay. These rooms have a little patio area where you can enjoy the view while relaxing with some snacks and drinks.

Room tip: splurge for a room with a bay view
    Date of stay: April 2023