All reviews bbq area huge room town centre walking distance table chairs queen bed free wifi microwave motel tv receptionist toilet sa
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Small motel not far from Naracoorte city centre. The rooms are relatively big and well equipped. Nevertheless, the cleaning part is still to be improved (spiders in the mirror frame and dirty blankets).
However, the motel is well suited as a "home base" for regional business movements (close to most of SA farms).

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2017

From the first moment of entry Julie the Owner/Mgr presented very well as the 'Welcoming Committee' which tends to make one warm and fuzzy after a long trip in rain and the cold. Everything in the room was huge. Bed excellent; nice & firm & beautiful linen sheets to fall into. The shower recess was large & the whole bathroom area was huge with toilet in bathroom. The hot water tap took awhile to come through the pipes hot but that wasn't a real problem. Plenty of room to spread out with a huge vanity bench to place all the things you need to use. Good hanging space although could do with couple more hooks. Very quiet room; sliding windows allowing fresh air to flow through with an outlook to the BBQ area. Comfy Lounge seating & table & chairs by the window to enjoy the morning sunshine. Breakfast was available if you wished to order for a tray. I myself prefer a dining room to enjoy my Continental B'fast but some like the tray. We gave B'fast a 'miss' as travelled onto Penola. All good! This property is so convenient to the town too. Yes, I certainly would head for this property again when having to stay overnight on way through to the Coonawarra Wine district. Excellent value & good walking distance to the main centre where the 2 Hotels are & coffee shops otherwise my advice is to take the car. Try it as you won't be disappointed with Country Roads Motor Inn. Just what one needs when travelling.

Room tip: We had the room on the end but I think it could become very hot in summer ; lovely in winter. Just ask when checking in.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BFrankVictoria, Manager at Country Roads Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Naracoorte was a halfway between Adelaide & Hamilton Vic.Within 10 mins walk of shops & eateries.Couple of good hotels with food.Take a look around,especially at the impressive swimming lake.Great place to unwind.Also Heritage caves within 15 min drive.Well worth a visit.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BFrankVictoria, Front Office Manager at Country Roads Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Well im back here again, just noticed a microwave in the room these people cant do enough, friendly clean and just the bomb, pillows are not fluffy/puffy and a free paper every morning these guys have stepped up many thanks

Room tip: They are all good
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 17 January 2017

When planning accomodation on our holiday in SE South Australia, my partner and I had looked for good value places with few or no bad reviews. In other towns we stayed, this wasn't too difficult but, when looking in Naracoorte, we struggled. The cheapest accomodation is already more expensive than Mt Gambier (with far more attractions) and the first few places I looked at all had bad reviews on tripadvisor and elsewhere.

We ended up choosing Country Roads but, based on the generally bad reviews of accomodation in Naracoorte, we still arrived feeling a little pessimistic.

The reality that greeted us, though, was the exact opposite.

The lady at the front desk was very welcoming, friendly and considerate. The room was spacious, very clean and comfortable and even had a subtle perfume when we opened the door (that latter may have been just from being recently cleaned, who knows, but it did set the mood very nicely). I know it sounds corny but I spent the first few minutes in that room almost patting myself on the back at having made such a good selection.

If I could make one criticisim, though, the room was a little on the pricey side, being double what we paid for a budget room in Mt Gambier. However, this seems to be normal for Naracoorte. Anyway, as our room was twice as big and twice as comfortable as in other places we stayed this holiday, I can't really complain. Besides, the only cheaper accomodation in Naracoorte had too many bad reviews.

Breakfast wasn't included when booking online. However, when checking in, we were offered a breakfast menu which cost extra but which was delivered to our room on time exactly when we wanted and which was well worth the money.

Overall, I'm very happy with our brief stay in the Country Roads Motor Inn. It's a bit pricier than the average budget accommodation but well-worth every penny.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BFrankVictoria, Guest Relations Manager at Country Roads Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Thank You Lincoln for your very kind review, hope to see you on your next trip to the South East.