Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Marty R

Stepping back in time

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Nov 2020
Recently took our 3 grandchildren ages (10, 8 & 6) to KI, the accommodation looked excellent, hence we booked for 4 nights. Upon entry, we realised all was not as promised, like stepping back in time, going back to the “mission brown” era. Doilies, tablecloths, quilted bedspreads, you name it. The Indoor pool, no heating as promised, spa empty and not working, roof of pool area badly damaged consequent from some previous storm, were assured it May be fixed before our arrival, sadly not the case. The entire complex in desperate need of essential repairs, paint, general tidying of overgrown garden and rubbish removal. Approx 1hr after our departure we received a phone call from host as to why the white towels were filthy, how was she going to get them clean, red towels had holes in them, what were we going to do about them. We calmly explained to her, our apartment never had red towels, however, she insisted we did. Sadly very disappointed, looked so promising.
Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 30 Nov 2020
I'm glad that you said you'd enjoyed KI, and that the pool was also enjoyed by those really lovely grandchildren.

Dear M, I did apologise that the pool roof damage was still unfixed, explaining that we had been unable to have that work done as the tradespeople who were to replace the alsinite sheets were all absorbed with rebuilding the huge amount of houses lost in the bushfire.. The pool was cool, only having solar heating until plumbers could attend.I do apologise that we were unable to achieve the warmth hoped for.
This morning, a returning guest said on leaving that they love the apartments and the excellence of cleaning and presentation, and that they would be back.
I trust that you too found other attributes helpful, including the special rate given
The garden is lovely at the moment, especially the blooming roses, foxgloves and daisies.
I'm sorry that there was miscommunication about towels. We've never had red towels. .We did ring to say you had left your ipad behind, so that you would have a chance to return and retrieve it, and I remember asking your family what the dark red staining on several towels was, hoping to be able to treat and remove the stains. Im sorry to hear that you were upset about this and would have liked to be able to explain in person. You will remember that we did not charge for this. We appreciate our guests and try to ensure that expectations are more than met. Kind regards
AU$249
    • Trip.com
      AU$191
    • StayForLong
    View more hotels in Kingscote
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 16 August 2020

My timing couldn't have been worse really, I arrived on a Friday in Jan and the wildfires really kicked off that night, I only had 2 days on KI and they were a write-off. So it was a surreal and upsetting time to be on KI, I didn't really see anything and some lives were lost while I was there.
    The apartment was old fashioned but spacious. The kitchen wasn't as well equipped as required and the basics I would have expected weren't provided. It wasn't as secure as I would have liked either.
    But the host was really lovely and helpful. Although my check in should have been about lunchtime, I arrived a bit early and then a sign get being put up on reception telling me it was delayed, so I think I had to wait about 90 mins or so before I was able to check in, because she was helping other people (who weren't paying guests). Very nice of her but please prioritise me and then help them find alternative accommodation, as I'm the one paying for your service.
    So KI wasn't a massive success, but if it wasn't for the wildfires this accommodation would've been perfectly adequate for a couple of days.

Date of stay: January 2020
    2  Thank VerityBiscuit
    Deidre Morrison, Owner at Kangaroo Island Acacia Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2020

Hi Verity
    Thank you for your comments.. You have just made a review in August for January?
    I looked for you but had no check in on the 4th Jan, so you must have been in a group?
    I am sad that it was such a difficult time, with stranded tourists, homeless residents, and closed sights. Very stressful time for everyone.
    Please, if you return, always let me know if there is anything you need. The kitchen is well equipped, but we are always adding or upgrading something :)

Check in time is 2pm. Had we not been able to finish cleaning for an early checkin? i wouldn't usually keep anyone waiting longer thabn necessary, so I may have been on the phone and I remember it was difficult getting through to Sealik and provisers as quickly as usual, but evem only 5 mins or so.
    I did purpose-build a federation style ground floor accommodation, with Rosewood linen, which I still love. It probably is old fashioned a bit like me, but a classic. The swimming pool and gardens are often appreciated as well.
    We are all gradually getting back to normal. Some things are not open again yet, but Seal Bay, Flinders Chase,Parndana Wildlife Park, all the usual beach areas, and most other sites are open and doing well. I'd love to see you again some day. But I bought more Rosewood:)
    Kind regards

Reviewed 31 January 2020

Working as a volunteer at the KI Recovery Centre in Parndana for a week, with the emotional load that those attending the centre were carrying, it was good to come back each night to the peace and quite of Acacia Apartments. I have never been in accommodation that was a clean and well supplied as this unit - room 2!

Date of stay: January 2020
    Reviewed 13 October 2019

We booked a two bedroom apartment and upon entering was pleased with the spaciousness. The down side is it is outdated with the decor. The apartments are advertised as luxury but I would dispute this. It needed maintenance in several areas and although it was comfortable we were disappointed with these obvious issues.
    The manager was very friendly and went out of her way to supply us with ample breakfast provisions.

We probably wouldn’t return unless we knew the apartments were updated and an improvement in their maintenance of them.

Date of stay: October 2019
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 24 December 2018

Stayed 9 nights in the Wheelchar Accessible Apartment. Deidre fantastic and caring host. Bathroom well set up. Large wheelchair apartment. Large carpet square placed by bed so that I could safely get up and get my brace/AFO on. Usually, the apartment is tiled through out.
    Possible to move van to concrete area for wheelchair loading and unloading.
    Breakfast provisions were great.
    Very quiet.
    OTR Service Station and Wayne at Nepean Motors very helpful. Thanks, Deidre.
    Hope to stay again. Thoroughly recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2018
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 12 May 2018

Very spacious rooms with exposed bare brick walls. Was probably a Motel prior to its present 'life'. Some aspects of the Housekeeping standards left a lot to be desired. A good location within walking distance of the main shopping area and Hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
    wildlifewhisperer, Owner at Kangaroo Island Acacia Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Hi. I welcome your comments. I would love to know any issues that we can address. We usually excel in housekeeping, and really try to get that right.I love the spaciousness as well. Always let us know if there is anything that we can fix to ensure you enjoy your stay/
    I built Acacia purposely with tumbled, light,exposed cottage bricks, looking for a new federation look and feel.. We're about to do a minor re-furb. :)
    Kangaroo Island is lovely, isn't it . I am glad you enjoyed. :)
    Kind regards