Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lumiere2042
Sydney, Australia

A warm and friendly place to base one-self for a KI experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 May 2017
Acacia provide good, clean and spacious apartments, with simply wonderful personal service from the staff. Great location for walks along the esplanade, to the beach and reasonable access to town centre. I enjoyed the lounge area in a 2 bedroom apartment - plenty of room to stretch out and relax on a comfy sofa.
Date of stay: May 2017
Room Tip: Room 1 has good light from kitchen side and views of the sunset.
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 12 Nov 2017
Hi there
Thank you for your review. I also love the walks along the esplanade, and to the beach. There is a great playground there for the children tool. And I enjoy watching the birds as well. Isn't Kingscote just the friendliest town? And after mor ethan 60 years, I am still sold out on Kangaroo Island :)
    AU$275
    • Trip.com
      AU$163
    • StayForLong
    View more hotels in Kingscote
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 2 May 2017

The accommodation is spotlessly clean, with a fully equipped kitchen.
    Breakfast supplies provided, along with coffee and tea. The real bonus is the indoor heated pool and spa. After a day exploring the island, it was fantastic to come back and relax while deciding what we wanted for dinner.

Date of stay: April 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    1  Thank GarryW571
    Reviewed 11 April 2017

Needed a central point to go exploring KI and this fitted the bill well. Great pool (heated) about 12m and therefore good enough for my daily laps. Great stay. Fully fitted out so could supplement meals out with home cooking.

Room tip: All seem quiet with good access.
    Date of stay: April 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Conveniently located, beautifully presented, spotlessly clean, very spacious rooms, full kitchen facilities, very helpful friendly staff. The shops, eateries in town close early so the apartments kitchen facilities come in very handy.

Date of stay: March 2017
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    1  Thank Bill D
    wildlifewhisperer, Owner at Kangaroo Island Acacia Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Yes, it is so. Being a country town, many shops and cafes do close early, so it is a good idea to stock up for cooking, or to book tables at hotels etc There is a good fish and chip shop and a pizza shop as well. so you can take home and relax and enjoy.
    Thank you for your review. We try to always present Acacia beautifully. The pool is great too, so worth spending a few days here as a good central spot from which to head off to sightseeing :)

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Very friendly welcoming place. Kitchen is great so can cook and save some money. Needs updating. Couch, pillows and beds were not comfortable. With outdated curtains and bed spreads. But in general would go back

Date of stay: January 2017
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    wildlifewhisperer, Owner at Kangaroo Island Acacia Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Thank you for your review Bek. I love providing everything in the kitchen so guests can cook together at home in Acacia. :) I do hope you can come back some day as well.
    I think the Rosewood bedspreads etc reflect choices I made, and when they need replacing I have bought the same. I must look for some other designs. Guests can request triple sheeting if they prefer as well, but so many of the guests we surveyed said they liked the electric blankets, and blankets with bedspread, that I have made the triple sheeting an alternative rather than the rule. Also, we put different pillows in the bedroom cupboards as everyone does not enjoy the same kind of pillow. I will put a note in the room to draw attention to that. Sorry ...I should have thought of that. If you return, do always know that if there is anything that is not just right for you, I am really happy to see what we can do to perfect your stay.
    Thanks again
    Best regards
    Deidre

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We had 5 nights in this spacious, well equipped "mini home" - as my kids called it. Decent sized bedrooms, large kitchen, extremely clean, had everything we needed - even complimentary dressing gowns! Apart from this and being in a great central location, the owner Deidre made this an exceptional holiday for my 4 kids and I. From the minute we arrived she was warm and friendly, even bringing us fresh bread and milk. She is incredibly knowledgable of the island and didn't hesitate to sit down with me and help write up a schedule of things we should see and do. Without her we no doubt would have missed out on some of the best scenery and wildlife we have ever experienced. It's sometimes hard planning days with 4 children as a single parent, and Deidre helped me immensely. She even went so far as to print out our boarding passes. We had an amazing time and will definitely be back.

Date of stay: January 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hey Tamara
    It was great having your lovely family stay with us! I love Kangaroo Island so much, and actually love to help write up the days so everyone can get the best out of your trip. Otherwise, the Island is so huge and diverse, some of the most precious sites might be missed. I am so glad you enjoyed those trips.
    How wonderful to bring four children to KI. They will remember it their whole lives :)

I look forward to seeing you again some time
    Best regards