Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bek P
Adelaide, Australia

Friendly staff great pool

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Feb 2017via mobile
Very friendly welcoming place. Kitchen is great so can cook and save some money. Needs updating. Couch, pillows and beds were not comfortable. With outdated curtains and bed spreads. But in general would go back
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 6 Feb 2017
Thank you for your review Bek. I love providing everything in the kitchen so guests can cook together at home in Acacia. :) I do hope you can come back some day as well.
I think the Rosewood bedspreads etc reflect choices I made, and when they need replacing I have bought the same. I must look for some other designs. Guests can request triple sheeting if they prefer as well, but so many of the guests we surveyed said they liked the electric blankets, and blankets with bedspread, that I have made the triple sheeting an alternative rather than the rule. Also, we put different pillows in the bedroom cupboards as everyone does not enjoy the same kind of pillow. I will put a note in the room to draw attention to that. Sorry ...I should have thought of that. If you return, do always know that if there is anything that is not just right for you, I am really happy to see what we can do to perfect your stay.
Thanks again
  • ZenHotels.com
    AU$173
18.8 km from Kangaroo Island Acacia Apartments
View more hotels in Kingscote
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 January 2017

We had 5 nights in this spacious, well equipped "mini home" - as my kids called it. Decent sized bedrooms, large kitchen, extremely clean, had everything we needed - even complimentary dressing gowns! Apart from this and being in a great central location, the owner Deidre made this an exceptional holiday for my 4 kids and I. From the minute we arrived she was warm and friendly, even bringing us fresh bread and milk. She is incredibly knowledgable of the island and didn't hesitate to sit down with me and help write up a schedule of things we should see and do. Without her we no doubt would have missed out on some of the best scenery and wildlife we have ever experienced. It's sometimes hard planning days with 4 children as a single parent, and Deidre helped me immensely. She even went so far as to print out our boarding passes. We had an amazing time and will definitely be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
wildlifewhisperer, Owner at Kangaroo Island Acacia Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Hey Tamara
It was great having your lovely family stay with us! I love Kangaroo Island so much, and actually love to help write up the days so everyone can get the best out of your trip. Otherwise, the Island is so huge and diverse, some of the most precious sites might be missed. I am so glad you enjoyed those trips.
How wonderful to bring four children to KI. They will remember it their whole lives :)

I look forward to seeing you again some time
Best regards
Deidre

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights & the stay was enjoyable. Apartments are a little out of date but they are so clean & comfortable. Friendly staff & great for families with children. Has a great indoor pool. Highly recommend

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We had an amazing stay. The room was spacious and comfortable, everything had been thought about for guests comfort. It was very well equipped with everything that we would need for our stay. The 2 bedroom apartment was very spacious with all kitchen amenities and ample linen. Outside was really well set up for kids - there was a swing set/slide, sandpit with a 'real boat' and a beautiful garden to wander through. The indoor heated pool and spa were lovely & well maintained (great that it was indoors because the island can get a bit breezy/chilly). The staff were friendly and knowledgeable about local attractions and travelling the island, They were always on hand to help. They took the time to provide tailored advice on where to visit. Highly recommend a stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2016

The apartments although dated where very clean, comfortable and spacious and had absolutely everything you would need, including bath robes! The indoor pool and spa was very enjoyable after a busy day touring the island. The gardens were lovely creating a very relaxed environment. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 8 December 2016

The pics of the Apartment definitely needs update. I did not recognize the apartment and was a bit disappointment with the appearance. Other than that overall a good experience. If you plan to cook the kitchen has basically all the appliances, even had an coffee espresso which was awesome, saved me more than a couple of dollars every morning and evening, coffee pods were complimentary. Toiletries are sufficient, complimentary continental breakfast for the first morning which was average. Fridge is stocked with bread, milk and juice for the kids. Rooms and sheets are clean. the room was never serviced during our stay so incase u looking at rooms being serviced on a daily basis this is not the place for you.

Date of stay: November 2016