“Stunning holiday house that includes all the...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bedroom 2, King Size Bed and spacious with direct access to the deck.
King Size Bedroom 1. Includes an additional 5th Bedroom with single bed in the little 'retreat'.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

shart331
Adelaide, Australia
“Stunning holiday house that includes all the little extras”
Reviewed 22 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

We recently spent 3 nights at Seaside Garden Cottages and found the location to be perfect for exploring Kangaroo Island. Only 5minutes drive from Kingscote and a 20minute walk along the beachfront path.
The house was one of the best we have ever stayed at. Rachel (host) was so helpful prior to our staying, providing so much information on day trips and suggestions of places we should visit. She had also thought about all the little extras in the house that made our stay that little more special. The house came with a gorgeous garden and we enjoyed fresh figs and limes during our stay. Would highly recommend this house to take your KI experience to the next level

Date of stay: March 2018
29 Apr 2018
Thanks for your review, it is so appreciated and it was absolutely lovely to have your group over Easter. And how good was the weather for you; wow! Glad you enjoyed the figs and limes, it's a bit of a novelty being able to pick things from the garden and there's usually something in season. Looks like the cockatoos got to what was left of the almonds though, but I'm sure they enjoyed them!
Jean H
“Stunning Villa with all the comforts of home plus more!”
Reviewed 21 April 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We (6 couples) had the time of our lives staying at the Villa. The location is a lovely quiet spot with an easy stroll to the beach and well positioned for drives to many of the popular tourist destinations. Rachel was extremely helpful leading up to our holiday with lots of itinerary suggestions and pointing us in the direction of some hidden gems. All our emails were responded to in a timely manner.
The Villa is outstanding accommodation with loads of room to move. Rachel has added lots of lovely extra touches that made us feel very welcome and right at home. I must add too, the King Size bed was SO comfortable, we had the best sleep in the lovely quiet surroundings.

Date of stay: December 2017
Your age range 50-64
22 Apr 2018
It was such a joy to read your message in the guest book Jean, and thank you now so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor, you are so kind with your feedback. It was so fortunate that you were able to dine at the Enchanted Fig Tree before it closed for the season after the Feb bushfires; I'm hoping it will reopen this spring.
I certainly agree about the bed, I just love it too! I think the combination of that nice big bedroom, comfy mattress, dark curtains, quiet little suburb and lots of fresh island air is perfect and really makes for the most divine sleep ever! I'm really hoping that we can welcome you back again sometime. Regards, Rachel
BROJAMPTY...
Gol Gol, Australia
“Award winner ......in waiting!”
Reviewed 22 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Wow!
What a gem this place was..... from the first time I spoke with Rachel the owner, I had a good feeling about her integrity & hospitality. Never have I seen such attention to detail or struck so many of the little things that make a stay something you will always remember. Beautifully clean & spotless throughout, more than generous range of supplies & nibbles to last a full week, quality furnishings throughout & a well kept garden to supply seasonal fruits included and ample car parking under cover also. Such a nice surprise to find all the personal touches you are rarely afforded, in five star accomodation, are generously included in the pantries & fridge.
Can’t speak highly enough of this operator, I hope they will one day be the recipient of a well deserved tourism award!
(Small suggestion if I may...... a fish cleaning area outside would be awesome for fisherman returning home with dinner)!

Date of stay: February 2018
23 Feb 2018
It's so wonderful that you enjoyed your stay, and what a kind review - thank you so much! It's honestly so rewarding to run these properties and be a little part of the travel experience, because holidays really are so precious and getting the accommodation perfect can really set the 'tone' for a trip.
I trust that you and the 'boys' have all created some fun memories on the Island that you'll be talking about for years to come. And I'm gathering that your fishing charter was successful?! I bet the fish were huge! The suggestion about the fish cleaning area is a fantastic idea & I'll make that happen - I was actually talking to the landscaper just yesterday about some ideas for that area right at the back of the block, so we can definitely build that in (I'm thinking eventually a table tennis area and maybe a fire pit or pizza oven too...) The Cottage we have next door has a fish cleaning bench area, but it would be best for both properties to offer this.
I hope that your trip can become a bit of a tradition with your friends, you were wonderful guests to have stay and I honestly appreciate your business.
Graham020...
“Absolutely Stunning & very Luxurious”
Reviewed 28 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
people found this review helpful

House was really spacious, clean, big bedrooms and well maintained garden, but what we liked best is that they’ve thought of everything. I can see now why it’s a bit more expensive than some other places, but having stayed in other places on KI, it’s really in a league of its own, so I wouldn’t hesitate in saying that you won’t be disappointed. All the little extras made our stay so easy and enjoyable, the owner Rachaelle (sorry if that’s spelt wrong) had told us we didn’t need to bring much other than our personal stuff and she was right – the whole house was well stocked with lots of things that we haven’t usually found in holiday houses, like oil, flour, clothes washing liquids, glad wrap, paper towel, a whole carton of milk in the fridge, capsules for the coffee maker and then there was also things like extra sets of keys that was good for our big group, spare bbq gas bottle, sunscreen, beach towels, esky, sand toys and cricket set for the kids, the list goes on and on (I think I’ve missed a lot on that list), we really couldn’t believe it. There were lemons, limes and leeks in the garden which we made good use of, but the almonds and figs weren’t quite ripe yet unfortunately so I’ll have to time it a bit better next time.

Even the information that they sent us before we arrived was really helpful, things like what’s open when, local restaurants, shop hours etc., we’ve never had that before when we stay somewhere and it made a big difference having something to refer to. Because we stayed in December a Christmas tree, wreath and outside fairy lights were all set up so it felt like an early Christmas holiday, we’re wishing that we had booked for xmas now. They have another house next door too (and maybe even a third I think), which I think would be good if you had a few families on holidays together. We should have stayed longer, when the owner said that you could easily spend 2 weeks on the Island she wasn’t wrong. I can’t thank the owner enough, you said that this is a wonderful place and you’re right.

Date of stay: December 2017
14 Jan 2018
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, so incredibly appreciated! I do hope we can welcome you again some time, if you're wanting to travel over our Festive Season 18/19, please get in contact early as it's such a popular time of year. Thank you for your business.
Susan L
“well appointed accommodation.”
Reviewed 17 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

Spent 4 nights, very comfortable. Close to shops in Kingscote and 45mins from the ferry. Good suggestions from Rachel as to planning our stay . We really enjoyed our stay on KI.

Date of stay: November 2017
Your age range 65+
18 Nov 2017
Thank you for your review Susan; so glad you enjoyed KI and The Villa. Wishing you all the best for a wonderful time with your overseas friends and your onward travel.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.