Lowest prices for your stay
AU$169
Fully refundable before Sat, 20 Apr
No prepayment needed
Vio.com
Gerry C
Campbelltown, Australia
Good but could be better
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Nov 2022
I was fortunate to get the last room available. I liked the contactless process of getting the room key and returning it.
Room was very tidy and I left it that way on my departure.
Like another review, I was surprised and disappointed that there were signs in the rooms that directed you to wash used glasses after use and put them back in the cupboards, or you would be charged for extra cleaning. I paid $150 for a motel room, not to wash my own glasses, which could be very unhygienic depending on the previous occupier's cleanliness. Clean the toilet next?
Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip.com
  • Vio.com
10.2 km from Clare Central Motel
View more hotels in Clare
All reviews comfort inn stayed here main road spacious rooms road noise long drive would definitely stay here again great accommodation excellent location great place to stay motel supermarket toilet
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2022

I was looking for an overnight stopover for our long drive, and knew that we’d be getting in later than many receptions are open. The 24/7 check in was super easy, the beds were really comfy, bathroom was fantastic, and it was pretty quiet for a main road. Would definitely look to stay again if I was headed to Clare in the future.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2022

This is place no longer a Comfort Inn. Just Clare Motel. And it's fantastic! I've stayed here a few times years ago when it was a Comfort Inn and it was perfectly adequate back then. I arrived today to find a very recently renovated property. Not sure if all rooms have been renovated, but mine is awesome. The rooms are actually large to begin with, so with everything new, it was a huge surprise. And for $149, these days that's a bargain. The sign states 3 stars, but I reckon that's because it doesn't have a restaurant anymore, which I think is a requirement to claim 4 stars. But my room is 4 stars in all but name. Very satisfied and will come again for sure.

Room tip: Just stay here, it's great!
Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 24 May 2021

We booked 3 rooms overnight. I had stayed here previously about 5 years ago. The rooms were still clean and tidy, but that is where it ended.
On arrival we asked if we could use their loo (in the restaurant) as our rooms weren't ready and were told that it was closed and hadn't been used for months and to find the public toilets in the town.
Signs in the rooms directed you to wash your cups and cutlery after use and put them back in the cupboards, or you would be charged for extra cleaning. I paid $142 for a motel, not wash my own dishes. Plus how unsafe for Covid is this?
I don't know what the previous occupier did.
One of the glasses I picked up was still wet. ugh!
Virtually everywhere you looked in the room were signs threatening extra charges for any untidiness, plus putting bottles outside, not in the bin. No restaurant, no breakfast, fine. We won't be staying here again.

Room tip: Not impressed with any.
Date of stay: May 2021
3  Thank rogerr67
Reviewed 28 February 2021

Reception was good and as it looked like a reasonably quite night a room upgrade was appreciated. the room was a good size , clean and the bed was comfortable. Early in the evening there was a little road noise but in general the night was quiet. we ordered breakfast in room and this was well accepted We ate at the burger restaurant which was quite nice. would happily stay here again

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

Recently spent a night at this motel. The price was reasonable at $135. Upon arrival the staff were friendly. The place appeared to be fully booked. The rooms a slightly dated but have all of the required amenities. The staff had turned on the heated ahead of arriving which was great to walk into a heated room. An easy walk to the Main Street. I will stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 116damiens