Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andrew M
Coromandel Valley, Australia

Love the Country Club

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Apr 2024
Once again, a fantastic stay. This place is worth the extra few dollars. Rooms are clean and oh so comfortable. The bathrooms are huge and the shower is spot on. The staff super friendly. Was hoping to book again for Easter 2025, but had an awful experience at the Clare Valley Racing Club and it is doubtful that we will visit Clare again because of that.
Date of stay: March 2024
Pool
4.0 km from Clare Country Club
View more hotels in Clare
1,386 results
All reviews golf course cooked breakfast great place to stay room was large wine tasting lake connors accommodation facilities units winter
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2024

Wow, how good are the rooms! I haven't stayed since they've renovated and I've gotta say I'm super impressed. The rooms are fantastic, the beds are so comfortable and I love the bathroom style and the fluffy towels. The wifi speed and reliability has definitely improved which was very handy for some Netflix and Zoom meetings. The staff are still on point, it feels like nothing is ever too much trouble. The bar is still a great spot for a pre dinner drink with lots of local wines to choose from. Will be very happy to stay again!

Date of stay: February 2024
Reviewed 10 December 2023

The service at the Clare Country Club was a major disappointment. Apart from being charged an exorbitant $15 for a drink that was repeatedly cleared from the table prematurely, they also exhibited a lack of respect for a private function by interrupting speeches. The staff's initial attitude upon our arrival further soured the experience.

On top of these issues, my dietary requirements, which were pre-ordered, were consistently mishandled. Receiving the wrong food multiple times was not just an oversight but a blatant disregard for a basic customer need. This negligence is completely unacceptable, especially when it comes to something as crucial as dietary preferences or restrictions.

The continual frustration of being served incorrect meals compounded the already poor service, highlighting a severe lack of attention to detail and customer care. Considering the combined mishaps and the disregard for customer needs, I cannot, in good faith, consider returning to the Clare Country Club. Their failure to accurately fulfil basic pre-orders, alongside the disrespectful attitude and inadequate service, indicates a fundamental flaw in their approach to customer satisfaction.

Date of stay: December 2023
Reviewed 9 December 2023

Lovely stay at the Clare Country Club despite the weather. Room had been freshly renovated with luxurious inclusions. We arrived in perfect time for happy hour and had a really lovely dinner. Definitely choose the breakfast included option as the scrambled eggs and mushrooms on offer this morning among other things were beyond delicious. Would also like to do a huge shout out to Leah (sorry if incorrectly spelt) and her colleague that went above and beyond to make sure I received my almond milk latte that was perfect and really appreciated.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2023 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights as I wanted to get to know the Clare Valley region as I enjoy their Rieslings. The resort is a decent walk into Clare but just 3- 5 minutes by car. The roofs of the resort are infested with pigeons and there were hundreds of very noisy white cockatoos in residence while I was staying.

My room (#26) was just opposite reception alongside the 11th fairway of the golf course. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable- I managed a couple of quite late sleep-ins! In my view, the only things missing were a (1) microwave and (2) coffee capsule machine.

I enjoyed a couple of beers sitting on the bar’s verandah overlooking the lawns, swimming pool and the lake beyond (see photo).

Reasonably good value for money though I found it cheaper to book through Booking.com than directly with the property. Ideal place to stay if you’re a golfer!

Room tip: Upstairs rooms overlooking the lawn and lake have a small balcony which looked like a nice place to sit and sip a coffee or wine.
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TonesterWA
Reviewed 1 November 2023

The room:
Clean as. This has to be the cleanest room I have ever stayed in, it's almost as though the room is brand-new. Has everything you need with a bit of space. The sauna was amazing and very close to my room. Scenery was lovely with a waddle of ducks on the lawn, that added to the charm of the place.
The restaurant:
I have some strange food allergies, but was pleasantly surprised by this menu. The food was totally amazing, you could taste the fresh ingredients in every single bite. I had an entree and a main, both served within 35 minutes. I had the heirloom tomato salad with whipped feta (entree) and Barramundi for the main, which was perfectly cooked and piping hot. The service was spot-on and servers attentive to everyone's needs within the dining room. 100% recommend. 5 stars without being pretentious.

Room tip: There is an electric-car charging station at this hotel. There are a wide range of wines available, however no Pinot Grigio or Gris
Date of stay: November 2023