Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mero61
Cairns, Australia

Room not ready.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Feb 2024via mobile
Great location in quiet street behind the main esplanade. Lots of food, shopping, beaches and a major supermarket all a few steps away. Free parking in secure underground area. Modern 2 bedroom apartment. Ample amenities in kitchen and laundry. Quality furniture. Balcony, but no ocean views. This stay was expensive - very expensive. For that amount of many, you don’t expect to wait for hours and hours well into late afternoon for the room to be prepared. We did. Not the best start to our holiday. Apart from this, happy with this, albeit pricey, product.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Responded 11 Mar 2024
Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologise about the readiness of your room as our team does try their hardest to ensure all rooms are ready to check-in at 2pm however we did miss the mark on this day due to many arriving rooms. We have used this experience to improve our processes and the staffing levels required. Great to hear that you enjoyed the quiet location and easy access to all the great things Mooloolaba has to offer. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, First Light Mooloolaba.
AU$324
Pool area
    AU$598
0.1 km from First Light Mooloolaba
View more hotels in Mooloolaba
All reviews great location short stay a great place to stay accommodation bedroom apartment gym units tidy
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2023 via mobile

We have stayed here multiple times. Well located but apartment is in need of a major upgrade, particularly for the price (30% increase over the same time last year (2022)). The particular apartment we had (901) was very poor equiped with the basic of equipment such as, 2 Bedroom apartment and only 4 coat hangers, no serving platters, the bluntest knives I’ve ever come across, the hardest and overly large pillows we’ve ever had the misfortune to sleep on. Whilst staff tried to help they were only able to provide a few extra coat hangers.

Room tip: Many bars and restaurants located close by, gets fairly rowdy at evening time, but quiets down fairly early.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
First Light, Guest Services / Front Office at First Light Mooloolaba, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2024

Good afternoon Eltham, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and is great to hear that you enjoyed the location of the apartment. We appreciate the feedback in regard to the equipment in the unit you stayed in. We have since rectified all of these issues buy replacing and upgrading much of the equipment, pillows etc. Our team strives to meet guest requests and concerns to the best of their abilities. We hope we are able to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, First Light Mooloolaba.

Reviewed 27 September 2022

I booked this place via Hotels.com and my credit card was automatically charged the full amount two weeks prior to my stay, even though my booking said I would be charged upon arrival. Worse still, I was charged a credit card fee and there was no mention of the fee on my booking. After making two phone calls and trying to explain the issue to the incredibly rude woman on the phone, she said they “always take the payment two weeks before” and “always charge a credit card fee”. When I told her there was no mention of this on my booking, she blamed their “marketing people". Eventually she reluctantly refunded the credit card fee.

I chose the "city view room" at First Light (via booking website Hotels.com). Upon arrival, my “city view” consisted of looking at the neighbour’s backyard – a 2-storey dilapidated place. I went to reception to question the "city view" and I was told there was “no such category” and again they blamed their "marketing people". I asked if there was another room I could move to. One receptionist said she would check, whilst the other just arrogantly shook their head. Another room was miraculously found and I was told it was “a smaller room”, but with a “better view”. I had a look at the room, and the ”better view” was looking at the wall of the tall apartments next door. I ultimately agreed to stay in that room and even though I was told it’s a “slightly cheaper room”, there was no partial refund offered or given.

I’m also not sure how this place earned it’s 4-star rating. There is no 24-hour reception, so if you need something, you’ll have to wait until morning. There is no housekeeping. Toilets don’t flush properly and the showers are very weak. Room keys are the traditional type and bulky. If you lose your keys or need to access your room after reception has gone home, you’re charged a $150 call-out fee.

Overall, I was quite disappointed in First Light Mooloolaba and I do not recommend it. One staff member in particular needs to improve their attitude and the overall experience during my stay was not particularly good.

Date of stay: September 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mike_Stooch
Dreamtime Resorts, Marketing at First Light Mooloolaba, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2022

Hi Mike,

We ask you to please book direct to avoid any of these issues. We do not specify views unless they are our beautiful Water View Apartments, or our Hinterland Views which we can request on availability! I believe this external agency's standard of a City View is a town view. We are disappointed to read your stay did not exceed your expectations and will follow up on your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2022

Firstly the good,Caitlain and Emma were so helpfull.
Now the not good,we booked for 14 nights ,given a unit on the 10th floor no sun and looking into the next door highrise,we asked to be shifted to the other side of the building which was no problem,all the units are the same 2 bedrooms but they lock off the second bedroom and main bathroom,
In any accomodation you want a comfortable bed/couch or chairs and outdoor furniture,unfortuneately we had none of these,all units are individualy ownedand furnished the same.
If owners want repeat business or recomendation they need to address these issues.
Ok for a short stay but for longer I would look for other options,we would not reuturn

Date of stay: June 2022
Dreamtime Resorts, Marketing at First Light Mooloolaba, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2022

Hi hsvfour,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted to read your positive comments regarding our staff.

We do apologise your recent stay did not meet your expectations and have noted your feedback as this is important to us.

We do hope that we can welcome you again soon for a return positive stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2022

Hotel was a good location. Room was basic. But the pool and surround was super small ,. No toilet/bathroom allow to use before check-in or after check-out !!!!nothing special, just like standard appartments. The price is expensive for the value.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bang Lang P
Reviewed 2 March 2022

First Light is an excellent hotel/apartment complex. We had booked for a week and we were allocated a unit on the second floor (unit 205). This was a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms and overall the unit was clean and tidy with excellent fittings, a large fridge, microwave, stove top and oven.
The check in staff were excellent but unfortunately I am loathe to criticize but unit 205 is directly over the entrance to the underground car park. The roller shutter door is directly above the main bedroom and this door was in constant use. Also 2 large industrial bins are also below the unit and tenants throw their rubbish into the bins at all hours. There was no house phone so if one had to contact the desk you had to use your own mobile. No bedside lamps in the main bedroom and no safe to enable one to keep valuables safe. I reported the rowing machine damaged in the gym but it had not been repaired by the time we checked out. The pool was small but very good. All in all First Light is a great place to stay and I would not hesitate to use it again but I would ask for a unit on a higher floor.

Room tip: Request a unit on one of the upper floors.
Date of stay: February 2022
Dreamtime Resorts, Marketing at First Light Mooloolaba, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2022

Hi,
We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review, we love to hear that you found First Light a great place to stay. It is very disappointing however to know that you did not enjoy your particular room. All of your feedback is noted, and will be followed up/ rectified where needed. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Thank you.