All reviews golden beach beautiful outlook a great place to stay heated spa long weekend great apartment air conditioning secure parking within walking distance passage unit shops paths curtains supermarket
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I went back to the Moorings after 5 years, the high standards have been maintained I will go there again if I can. I love the location as it is is a delightful place to go for bike rides up into town or along next to the water in the other direction. The loan bike was, i am pleased to say, an excellent bike in good nick, not the usual clunker on offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the water
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
MooringsManager, Manager at Moorings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thanks for your comments, I am delighted you had a great time and enjoyed the bike ride.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Yet another fabulous stay at the Moorings. We stay here every time we are in Caloundra and have never been let down. The units are spacious, the management are wonderful, the place is so clean and welcoming and location is fantastic. We used to stay at a different resort each time we visited Caloundra but none have even come close to the Moorings. Thanks Rebecca and Warren. We're already planning our next visit!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
MooringsManager, Manager at Moorings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thanks for your comments, and we are delighted you had a fantastic time at the Moorings. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

I come across this Hotel on a Travel Booking site and it was very cheap. Due to the price advertised I was dubious about the condition of the room.

When I checked in I asked Rebecca the Manager if I could view the room to make sure it was satisfactory. She was more than helpful and she gave me the key to the studio apartment. I was amazed when I opened the room door. It was very clean and had a beautiful outlook from the balcony something I expected more to pay for than I was quoted.

The position is great, nice and quiet, and a very nice outlook. The units are very close to some very nice restaurants and cafes.

We enjoyed our stay that much we decided to stay on for another 3 days and also upgraded to a bigger room with a huge TV and for very little increase in price.

We will definitely stay at "The Moorings" again.

Thanks Rebecca and Warren for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Beach Front Views the Best!!!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
MooringsManager, Manager at Moorings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Thanks for your lovely comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. The Moorings is situated in a lovely spot, quiet and relaxing but close to all the things you need for an enjoyable holiday.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

For me it was a bit too far out from the 'happening' area and there was only 1 toilet in the apartment. That's it, all the rest was good.

Great apartment 201 with a balcony overlooking the water - so nice. Spa and pool were nice and the lady on the front desk was so helpful and went above and beyond staying on the phone with me when I was lost. Caloundra RSL courtesy bus will come and collect you - no driving and you can have a drink.

Stayed: October 2016
MooringsManager, Manager at Moorings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Thank you for your comments Diane, and we are glad you had a lovely stay. A pleasure to help you and even though we are a bit far from the "happening" area it is a very relaxing place.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

My partner and I are our 5 kids have just spent the most wonderful week at The Moorings. This is our 2nd visit and we will definitely return again and again.
This time, we were in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment on level 4 (#407). It's huge!
The main bedroom is located at the front, off the lounge room. It's extra large and has a queen bed, 2 mirrored wardrobes with shelves and a chest of drawers inside, and a separate nook with a dressing table. There is also a private balcony. The ensuite is massive, with a large shower, dual vanities and a separate loo. There's a wall full of storage cupboards as well.
Bedrooms 2 and 3 are at the back, overlooking the hinterland. They are both extra large with 2 single beds in each. There is ample storage. Bedroom 3 has its own balcony.
There is a bathroom with separate toilet just opposite the bedrooms. There is a good sized laundry down the hallway with a top loader washing machine and a dryer.
The kitchen, loungeroom and dining room are at the front, overlooking the water, with floor to ceiling glass doors that open onto a massive balcony. The kitchen is extremely well equipped. The loungeroom has a 3 seater and 2 seater red leather lounge and there is a 6 seater dining table.
The apartment was immaculately clean and very well maintained and fully screened. There is air conditioning in the loungeroom.
The pool and grounds are also immaculate.
A big thanks and congrats to managers Rebecca and Warren. They are warm and welcoming and obviously work hard to keep the complex in beautiful condition.
10/10 in my books. Highly recommended!! We will definitely be back.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
MooringsManager, Manager at Moorings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank you for your lovely comments, we are delighted you had such a wonderful stay and look forward to seeing you again.