All reviews kings beach spa bath bedroom oceanfront coffee cat beachfront location rooftop balcony ocean front top floor games room fish and chips pool side patrolled beach great pool chip shop down stairs upon check loved our stay
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I've always been a big fan of this resort having stayed here many times before and recommended it to lots of friends.

Recently I visited for a week. The reservations team were very good in accommodating my special requests (a quiet room on a high floor away from the lift). However when I got into the room the lack of attention to detail disappointed me.

There was no coffee table (in it's place were two small mismatched ottomans), the back of the TV remote was held together with duct tape and there was no quilt on the bed (only a blanket!). I've never been in a hotel that doesn't provide a quilt cover all year round (but especially in winter!)

Other than the above the rest of the room facilities including the kitchen and bathrooms were well maintained. The walls could use a coat of paint but this wasn't a big deal. The saving grace for this property is the spa bath in every room which I absolutely loved.

In addition it's sad for the resort that the partial ocean views on the right hand side have been blocked by a new development. Of course this is no fault of the resort but it meant that I had to hang over the side of my balcony to get any type of ocean view.

I'm not sure if I'll stay again. The spa in the room might just coax me back.

Room Tip: If you don't want to pay for an ocean room view, ask for a room in the centre or the left hand side of the rear building.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
DreamtimeResorts, Manager at Rolling Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hi Courtney J,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad to hear that you are a returned guest of ours and have recommended us to lots of your friends, although we are upset to read that you were disappointed with your most recent stay with us. Our staff try their best to make sure all rooms meet guests requests and standards so we certainly will be following up on the things you have mentioned. It is great to read that you did still enjoy the facilities we offer our guest including the spa bath in your room.

We hope you do consider returning to us for a much better experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We had a pool side unit. The accommodation was nice. We spent four nights. Very quiet place so if you after hussle and bustle probably not for you! The heated pool was OK could of been heated a little more. Staff were very nice!! The cafe on the beach has excellent coffee and food!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
RollingSurfResort, Manager at Rolling Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hi Isabel2781,

Thank you for your review.

It is pleasing to hear that you had a lovely time with us here at Rolling Surf Resort. We are glad you found the accommodation nice and our location peaceful away from all the hustle and bustle. It is always really sweet to read positive comments about our staff so thank you for that.

We hope to accommodate for you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The location of this resort is amazing! The beach on the door step. The resort is okay. Not the best place I have stayed, not the worst just in the middle. We originally booked a 1 bedroom apartment with a balcony but got "upgraded" to a 2 bedroom apartment with out a balcony... the spa in the room is nice. Ours was dirty though so had to clean it, they also do not have a shower caddy or shelf in the shower so soap and shampoos etc have to go on the ground. Also the walls were scuffed and not clean. Upon receiving the invoice from the balance paid there was a charge on there for Breakfast Vouchers for $30. I questioned this with the manager and she asked me if they were stapled to our welcome letter (which they were not) I told her they weren't but she kept asking like she didn't believe me. I asked if it could be removed but she said no as it was part of the "package" but it clearly was a charge on the invoice. We had to leave early as we had a family emergency, they gave us a $70 refund for the night we couldn't stay accomodation. The manager was quite cranky and direct when she told me she could 'do this'. Probably wouldn't stay again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Jordyn Q,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of Rolling Surf Resort. It is disappointing to read that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay with us. We strive to ensure all guests are happy with their accommodation and that their full experience with us is always a positive one. We will certainly be following up with our housekeeping staff regarding the cleaning issues you had. If you wish to discuss further and in detail please give us a call.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Thought the location of the Rolling Surf was excellent. It was very handy to Kings Beach and a handy walk to the Main Street in Caloundra. Our room had a view of the beach as well as three swimming pools which were on site. The apartment had all the facilities we required. Found management/ office staff very helpful when I realised I had made a mistake with my booking. Would go back and stay again and would recommend it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
RollingSurfResort, Manager at Rolling Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Hi Elspeth W,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Rolling Surf Resort. It is great to know that you loved your apartment, the facilities we offer our guests, our central location and also that our staff were very helpful during your stay. Your kind words are much appreciated so thank you once again.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

As everyone has said this is the ideal location. Straight out of the property and on to Kings Beach. Being July it is the middle of Queensland winter - so the days were getting down to 20 degrees Celsius!!!! But the wind can still be cool. However, one of the pools at Rolling Surf is heated - not to the point where it is spa bath warm, but enough so that the water isn't cold.

Very comfortable apartments (3 bedroom overlooking the beach) with everything you need - including a spa bath.

Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rogre
RollingSurfResort, Manager at Rolling Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hi Rogre,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Rolling Surf Resort. We can certainly agree that we are located in a fantastic location with Kings Beach being right on our doorstep. It is great to know that despite the cold weather you still made the most of our heated pool and also found your apartment very comfortable.

We can't wait to welcome you back in the near future.