“Nice spot”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great spot to have a beer, nice view of the beach. A good selection of craft beers brewed on the premise. Dog friendly.

Dashar74, Owner at Blackwater Trading Co, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thanks for viviting, we are stoked that you had a grest time.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Upset.

Be careful if you need to watch what you eat and you are expecting fresh, lovingly prepared ingredients. Menu did not accurately reflect food served, eg coconut crumbed squid also had other ingredients in the crumb. Much of the food tastes pre-prepared and bought in - cheap and oily. Waitress admitted sweet potato wedges came in a packet so she didn't know batter ingredients. Food not fresh eg. tinned pineapple used in salad. Prices and menu give the impression that food is fresh and chef prepared on site. Tastes like fast food...

Left without being able to eat order. Teenage kids even agreed!

Pretty much everything we serve is prepared fresh, I am happy to take you through our kitchen at any time to show you but I doubt that you will be taking me up on that offer as I get the impression that you would much rather throw barbs from behind a keyboard rather than voice your concerns in person. Yes we buy in pre-prepared chips, you got us there! I have a news flash for you, this is not a new phenomenon or a scam, most restaurants have not been hand preparing their chips for quite a while now. I am however not sure what you are going on about with the description of our squid salad, it is not misleading at all. Here it is for you word for word to jog your memory:
"Chilli & Lime Squid Salad - pineapple, toasted coconut, spanish onion, carrot, mint & bean sprouts garnished with fried shallots & peanuts" What is inaccurate or misleading about that description? Where does it state in that description that the pineapple was lovingly harvested and hand prepared onsite? I would maybe suggest having a proper read of the menu before ordering, that way you will be able to make a much more informed decision. You have nothing to be upset about and nobody has to "Be very careful" when visiting our award winning brewery

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Family of 4, eating lunch. Unfortunately none of us enjoyed our choice. Quite disappointing really.

Great table service, excellent staff ... was looking forward to the onsite brewed beers, but walked.

Hi Sam, thanks for visiting and thanks for reviewing our venue.
We are dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. We would have loved it if you could have given us a bit more information on what exactly you didn't enjoy about your meals, that way I can pass that feedback on to our kitchen staff. I also find it a tad strange that you spent a substantial amount of time in our venue having lunch but didn't try the beer. Most people have a beer before or with their meal, they don't have it after like a dessert, but each to their own I suppose. I am however happy to hear that our front of house staff gave you good service.We would love it if you could give us another chance and try our beers. Cheers.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Came up from Sydney on Easter , came in for breakfast on the Saturday was really good , to be honest with how busy they were , the food was excellent , recommend the avocado dish for breakfast so we came back for lunch the next day , tasted some pale ales , the Australian one is the go nice and floral , lunch was great as well I had the dirty bird , my wife’s lunch I cannot remember but she loved it too, overall : great food and thought about for the area, fast considering the amount of people there, and really friendly bar man that knows he’s beer, we will be back for sure, thank you

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I was looking forward to the milk stout but found it way too sweet. Halfway through I was drinking with clenched teeth. Wasn’t keen on too many of the other beers I sipped from others in the group. I love my craft beer but this wasn’t good, sorry guys. Good location and atmosphere with the music etc, however, the beers...

Hi Tim,
Sorry that you didn't enjoy the stout or the other beers. The stout is not a traditional stout, it is a milk stout and it is deliberately sweeter than a dry Irish stout, that is a characteristic of the style.
I appreciate and respect your opinion but some of the finest palates in Australia disagree with you. We are the most awarded brewery on the Sunshine Coast having picked up a gold and two silver medals at the 2017 National Craft beer awards.
Thanks for visiting and we would love it if you gave us another go.