“Fantastic little hole in the wall...”

The Pocket Espresso
Ranked #2 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Caloundra
Price range: USD 4 - USD 25
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Pocket Espresso Bar is our unique little piece of paradise where you can escape, rejuvenate & fix almost everything. Wicked Guru Life Coffee, awesome food! Quick and easy takeaways as well as sit down meals. Open 7 days from 6am, closing at 2.30 Mon-Wed but closing at 10.30 Thursday to Sunday. Perfect for intimate events. Weddings. Birthdays. Parties. Full bar, beers on tap, cocktails and live entertainment weekly. It's a good time!
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Quick catch-up with a friend, seats on the footpath, gorgeous ocean views, gentle sea breeze, cool live music floating past. The strip of eateries around The Pocket had a friendly, casual, place-to-be vibe. And the burgers were perfect. Simple, fresh & easy. Staff welcoming & attentive...it's like you are at a friends house.

EBundellu, Owner at The Pocket Espresso, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

I love that phrase "it's like you are at a friends house". This is exactly our intention. Thank you for coming by and enjoying what we've created.
Esther : )

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Thanks can always rely on good coffee, some Gluten free treats, good music, friendly service
In a stunning location

EBundellu, Owner at The Pocket Espresso, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

We have loads of gluten free savoury options for you to try too. Especially in our new menu. We hope to have you back sometime so you can try them. Thanks for the review, it's really appreciated.
Esther

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Consistently great coffee, really nice muffins.
Always with a smile
Had lunch one day and was equally good
Highly recommend if you're in the area

Thank you! I'm so glad that you enjoyed what we do.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Fantastic coffee, food and service.
I have had breakfast, lunch and dinner here over the last couple of months.
I always find the staff is attentive and knowledgeable around the menu.
The Guru coffee is the best you will taste anywhere and the food, quick and very tasty.
Quite a large food menu considering they are primarily a coffee shop.
Both food at lunch and dinner is great.

EBundellu, Owner at The Pocket Espresso, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you so much!
I am so proud of my staff for always trying to put our core beliefs forward and love what they do. Your kind review is great support. Thank you, Esther

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Judging by how busy the queue was when I arrived to get a takeaway coffee I had high hopes it was going to be good.
Unfortunately my experience was not as I anticipated.
On the plus the coffee shop has a great vibe and the menu looked inviting with lots of GF options and they sell alcohol. It would be a great place to visit if you pick a day when they are not extremely busy like the Sunday morning I picked.
I found the staff member who served me to be rude and in a rush (probably because of the long queue). When my coffee arrived it was the wrong size and luke warm. My advice would be to ask for extra hot if you like your coffee to last longer than 60seconds to drink.
The coffee taste itself though is nice and strong. In summary I would say I would go back but it's not worth the wait if it's busy.

Such a shame that you had less than an ideal experience with us. You did still mention lots of positives, which is great - We'll make sure to take your comments on and see if we're able to improve where we can. Sundays are definitely our craziest days and it can be quite overwhelming at times. Our staff are usually so great and I really applaud the work that they do, I'm sorry that you caught us when we couldn't offer you our best hand.
I hope that you come back another time and see if we can win you over.
Thanks for the comments,