Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in great prices from these sites
marigoldKent
Buderim, Australia

Newly renovated Motel, with delightful and secure accommodation

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Mar 2024via mobile
Wanting only one night's accommodation for the three of us having a Theatre visit, we were not disappointed staying at this newly renovated Motel. Room with queen bed and attached room with two twin beds - absolutely fantastic. Comfortable beds with clean crispy white sheets and fluffy white towels; Nespresso machine and well stocked mini bar. Shower room with good quality toiletries, well cleaned and with excellent shower facilities. TV, free wi-fi and good parking. The rooms were clean and delightful. If we could have any moans at all it would be that there was no fan or cooling in the second bedroom; no fly screens at the windows, so we could no open the windows at night; no table lamp in the second bedroom,
Don't be put off by the "Motel" rating. It was a great stay and we would happily recommend and return.
Date of stay: March 2024
    AU$178
    AU$206
5.5 km from Caloundra City Centre Motel
Free parking
Courtyard with BBQ area and swimming pools
Tripadvisor
  • ZenHotels.com
    AU$311
1.1 km from Caloundra City Centre Motel
View more hotels in Caloundra
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2024

Now called ‘Motel Caloundra’ Stayed here for a night to go to an event and my friend stayed in the room next door. I have sensory sensitivities and only like fresh and modern places.. Absolutely a slice of luxury, like a mini small 5star hotel. Perfectly clean, comfortable clean linen and bed, Ice cold air conditioning, features are very modern, felt safe and secure, mini bar fridge that’s stocked, the shower products are Divine made my hair so soft. I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat. If you’re a larger person you might feel like the room is too small but for a place to sleep the night thats got everything you need I highly recommend.
Management is offsite and very good communication my emails were responded to very quickly. 10/10 from me 💜
I recommend you look at the website as those photos are up to date, photos here on trip advisor are no longer current.

Room tip: Look at the website for current photos. Property was purchased by a developer and they gutted it and did a massive full refurbishment.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2023

How else would I know if someone with black hair had recently eaten Chinese food in the room? Because their hair and half their dinner was still on the counter. I had to wipe it off to use my laptop. Speaking of which, is there wifi offered at this motel? The room is dated and dirty. It needs a good clean and an update. The bed seemed to be okay, until something started beeping. I thought it was the smoke alarm, I didn't know what would happen if I ripped a hard-wired alarm from the ceiling so I left it. Finally at around 3:30 in the morning I got up and stuffed tissues in my ears. The one thing that stuck with me from my stay here is being greeted by a wad of toilet tissue in the toilet. I have stayed at some questionable places, but this was a first for me. I'll never stay here again.

Room tip: Find another motel.
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2023

Convenient to the heart of Caloundra and you get what you pay for. The Queen room is small and cramped with furniture and effects everywhere. It is like a time-warp and would certainly fit in a 70's or 80's environment. There are wires everywhere, the bathroom is cramped, and the bed is super uncomfortable. One pillow per person and are very thin and uncomfortable. The room is noisy, and we could every one talk and chatter through the thin walls.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2023

The room was badly presented upon my arrival. There was a used tissue and other rubbish under the bed, the ceiling fan and bathroom exhaust fans were very dusty, the tub chairs (advertised as a sofa) were worn out and uncomfortable with fabric covers over them which were wrinkled and poorly fitted. The cleaning under and around them also looked like it had not been carried out for quite some time, just like under the bed.
The glass turntable of the microwave was not wiped clean before my arrival either.
Next morning, after my pleasant walk around town and around the foreshore, I met up with the cleaning / management staff. The lady, was my contact person upon booking. She was apologetic when I mentioned my dissatisfaction about the cleaning, however the male cleaner / staff member who was helping her, was quite rude and confronting, and stated that they only clean under the beds once a month. I had paid for Two nights accommodation with the option for extending if the weather was bad (as I was riding my motor bike) After the above issues, I decided to move out early, forfeit my extra day, and found alternative accommodation. I would NOT recommend the City Centre Motel in Caloundra to anyone and suggest that the Male Cleaner (or whatever he is) requires a lot of training in Customer Relations and in how to Properly Clean a Motel Room.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2022 via mobile

The pictures on the internet look way better than the actual rooms.

If you stay on the second floor you don’t get in any fresh air, since the windows open onto a closed corridor.

The bed was like lying on a wooden board and the shower head is way too low for tall people to fit underneath.

The wifi didn’t work at all, most of the time.

Reception was already closed when we arrived around 3 pm and we had to ring the door bell many times before someone answered it. Then we were told to go upstairs and find the key on the bed. Not what you would call a warm welcome.

Room tip: If you want to stay hear, ask for a room on the ground floor.
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AvW12345