All reviews hogs breath across the road coffee machine pool bar coffee club bedroom ocean apartment pools are great heated lap pool bulcock beach spa bath sunshine coast text message ocean view king bed restaurants and cafes perfect location down stairs
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The name of this resort smacks of a cheap, all inclusive Mexican resort where communal Salsa dancing by the pool is obligatory (not that there's anything wrong with that). However, we opened the door to our 2-room apartment and were blown away. Many accommodation places describe themselves as "luxury", but rarely do you actually think, "Yeah, we've done good"! Top quality furniture and appliances; a kitchen I would gladly have ripped out and put in my suitcase to take home if the international baggage allowance wasn't so rubbish; THE most comfortable pillows I've ever slept on; beautiful view; superb staff; and, to top it all, more reasonable rates than we'd been given in supposedly upmarket places elsewhere. We went on a special 3-day package that promised champagne. We were expecting a teeny-tiny bottle, but no: we got a full bottle and two champagne glasses, all chilled and waiting for us in the fridge. I don't know much about Caloundra itself as I was studying and had to get some assignments finished, but what a great place to study! Thank you so much, Rumba!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Piemonster
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom and wow the kitchen was clean the fridge I wanted to take home the view fantastic the staff outstanding will def be going back

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 27 May 2012

chose the rumba resort for our anniversary, glad I did so, as it was very cold out, and we didn't have to go far to eat!! Loved the spa, large kitchen and the movie service. Staff were helpful and friendly. Loved the 4th floor room with a great view. The lap pool re-opened during our stay, but we were too chicken, so stayed in instead.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Interesting comment from Linda D about the staff. We had booked 5 nights at a decent price ($1,200). The unit was excellent and right at the front with a brilliant view.

As Linda said; the staff weren't rude but I was a bit surprised to find that the male staff especially didn't even look at us when we passed them by: this is a 5 star resort; what are the managers thinking?

We left after two days because the heated lap pool was closed and when we went down to the large outside spa the next day it was closed for maintenance. That was it for me as it was a cold week. The "resort" has neither a sauna or a gym so I'm surprised it can be called a resort.

No problem with a refund and we spent the next 4 nights at Breakfree a couple of hundred metres away which had everything we wanted. We took a penthouse at the same price as the Rumba.

All in all ok at the Rumba but disappointed and wouldn't recommend it as we don't understand why there was neither any information about the pool closure on the web page nor were we told when booking that the pool was closed. Although we did have room service each day we have no idea why the wet towels on the floor were still there on both days. Bad bad managers.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ClashBrisbane
RumbaResort, General Manager at Rumba Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

I’m so sorry to receive your review. We really do try to please all our guests but it seems we’ve let you down. Our recent pool renovations (now completed) have been very difficult. We have advertised these renovations on our website and on sites like wotif.com but we of course these messages are easy to miss. If your towels were not replaced, that is completely our oversight. We would love you have you back again, please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to make it up to you.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom ocean appartment and were delighted with the friendly reception staff and excellent amenities in the appartments. Always ask for 3rd or 4th floor ocean views otherwise the noise from the esplanade and pool area can be a bother. Very comfortable with even added bonus of Nespresso machine in the kitchen. Great pool area for the kids.
We will not stay anywhere else in Caloundra.

Room Tip: Ocean View appartments otherwise the other appartments look straight into the back of the ocean view appartments. 3rd or 4th floor recommended because of the noise from the esplanade.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family