Family of 4 stayed during the flooding rains from 14/1 for a week in a 2 bed apartment on 3rd floor. We chose to pay extra for a beach view & our room was just lovely. I absolutely loved our balcony which looked out onto the esplanade & beach. The board walk was a family favourite on the few mornings we were not being drenched with the driving flooding rains. The beach in front of the resort is quite calm & great for smaller children interested in sand castle building perhaps & a paddle in the water although it does have a strong rip so watch that. A 12 minute walk along the wonderful esplanade & board walk sees you at Kings beach which is patrolled & full of families enjoying the waves & clean surrounds. This is an excellent spot for some body boarding or playing in the large waves. Rumba was luxiouriously appointed with 2 plasma screens, thank god for this on the 4 wet days out of our 7 there! We sat back & enjoyed the Tennis in comfort. The beds were good, the room was clean & the airconditioning was a must & worked well. This was only used over night when it proved impossible to sleep with the huge balcony doors opened for several reasons. 1 being that as we were right on the beach front (not complaining as loving the views) & that meant it was very windy & the curtains would get sucked out & not provide any window coverage. The sun rises at 4.38am there! 2nd the council who do a wonderful job of keeping the esplanade & beach areas spotless start work around 6-30am with their loud blower vacs cleaning up the side walks. However we discoved closing up & using the air at night gave you a really peacefull nights sleep. I loved the fact that it was easy to walk to many wonderful eateries either in the building or nearby. Great fish & chip shop just a 2 minute walk away heading towards the grand pacific. A 5 minute walk found us at Jow Noodles, this has to be the best Chinese take away I have had ever! Very cheap & low fat & tasted wonderful. Also just next door to them was Stacks pancakes. Great prices, friendly service & wonderful food! Back to the resort, the pools were lovely. Our son loved the lap pool, it has port holes in the bottom that let you look into the Hoggs Breath cafe located below the pool. This provides endless entertainment for both dinners & swimmers alike. The pool has a few problems with its lining however & the resort has indicated it is negotiating it repair, it is still fully operational until they start the repairs. Next to the heated lap pool is a warm toasty spa, very large & very popular but room for many. Their large swimming pool is also in this area, it doesn't feel heated but was great for a swim anyway. Due to it being so chilly & rainy we were glad that the lap pool & spa were heated. We loved our stay & will return again. Only negative was like others have said re the handy coffee maker. This is a great appliance & really appreciated. Works so easily & produces a lovely cup of coffee. I had no problem paying $1 per pod at reception but when I asked the staff member who popped in to make our beds if I could get a couple of sugar sachets from her she replied I would have to purchase these from reception! For $1.40 at Woolies I could have bought a 500gm pack of sugar but only needed a couple of extra sachets that would cost them next to nothing & this was not a cheap place to stay so in the name of customer service I would offer these freely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rumba Beach Resort brings to Caloundra the finest boutique hotel facilities. With arguably the most well-appointed guest suites on the Sunshine Coast, Rumba Resort integrates the relaxing atmosphere of a tropical resort with the convenience of being right in the heart of town. Cafes and fine dining restaurants pepper the beachfront esplanade and a network of boardwalks and coastal pathways link the main shopping precinct to the locale’s famous surf beaches and beyond.Stunning 1, 2 and 3 bedroom guest apartments offer spa ensuites, espresso coffee machines and home theatre systems, all as standard. Rumba's pool bar known as 26degrees is a relaxing and enjoyable place to unwind. Drinks are served on Rumba's pool deck by friendly and professional wait staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Rumba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rumba Beach Hotel Caloundra
- Rumba Beach Resort Caloundra, Sunshine Coast