When booking a week away for the family, I was tossing up between another resort and this one. Looking back we are so glad we chose Rumba. Firstly, we booked the two-bedroom spa suite resort. We rang up a week prior to confirm the reservation. The very helpful receptionist on the phone upgraded us to the two-bedroom ocean view room. A better room for a lower price. She even chucked in a free bottle of champagne!
On the morning of arrival, they contacted us saying we could check in two hours earlier. We were also quickly and promptly checked in and directed to our rooms. The only complaint I have is the vaguely signed car park which can be confusing. The lifts were very handy and almost private.
Although a bit smaller than usual, the rooms were very enjoyable. The amenities in the room were very impressive such as the spa, balcony, coffee machine and kitchen. The beds were very comfortable and hard to get out of in the morning!
One of the highlights of the resort was the two pools and jacuzzi. There was also plenty of room to sit by the pool and relax. Main beaches such as Bulcock and Kings were not far away. I would also recommend hiring the bikes from Reception and going for a ride along the beach.
To conclude, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Rumba Resort, would stay again and would recommend it to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rumba Beach Resort brings to Caloundra the finest boutique hotel facilities. With arguably the most well-appointed guest suites on the Sunshine Coast, Rumba Resort integrates the relaxing atmosphere of a tropical resort with the convenience of being right in the heart of town. Cafes and fine dining restaurants pepper the beachfront esplanade and a network of boardwalks and coastal pathways link the main shopping precinct to the locale’s famous surf beaches and beyond.Stunning 1, 2 and 3 bedroom guest apartments offer spa ensuites, espresso coffee machines and home theatre systems, all as standard. Rumba's pool bar known as 26degrees is a relaxing and enjoyable place to unwind. Drinks are served on Rumba's pool deck by friendly and professional wait staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Wotif.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rumba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rumba Beach Hotel Caloundra
- Rumba Beach Resort Caloundra, Sunshine Coast