I managed to stay at the Rumba Resort recently and all I can say is 'magnficent'.
Upon arrival to the Rumba Resort, welcomed with a smile and quickly processed and in we went.
Parking was a dream. And what I mean by this was it was not pokey and hard to move around in. Very spacious. You don’t get allocated a park however never went without on Basement 2 or 3.
We used a Scoopon voucher however upgraded for an extra $80 to a 2 bedroom. The rooms are very spacious and modern with press light switches throughout the room. No bad smalls etc. All very new modern equipment and just trendy aswell. We had a room facing the pool that was good and you could see the ocean from the room also. Not full ocean views however partial. There are rooms there with full ocean views though for a higher price. Bedroom comes with 2 bathrooms and a nice big spa bath. Huge TV and TV in main bedroom and good sized kitchen to make your own food. All air conditioned. Overall, a great hotel room and size and big. You wont be dissapointed in my opinion.
The whole complex is just new and is buzzing. The pool has a cocktail bar right beside it and you can drink cocktails in the pool. They were yummo!!!
The negatives - if you are staying in a pool side room and don’t like kids (I am not one of those people for the record) it could irritate you. Especially if you are anti kids and there are those sort of people out there lol. If you are a gym junkie there is no gym in the complex. They do advise to go to Jetts or something for $20.00. I say bugger the gym and just go for a walk on the many boardwalks around the area.
A few small tips:
- Definitely eat at the Sandbar Café and Kiosk. Had dinner there and was the best steak I have ever had and breakfast was yummo and well priced. Dinner was well priced too:
- Cabs are a nightmare to catch around Caloundra. If you are going to the RSL or Dicky Beach Surf Life Saving club, you expect to wait around 10 - 40 minutes early in the night. Leaving the RSL is a nightmare and expect to wait an hour. However there is courtesy buses that leave the RSL on the hour, every hour and expect around 40 minutes to get home, depending where you live. Adults with kids get priority treatment over adults with no kids, as mentioned from the courtesy bus drivers.
- Markets are great on Sunday on the main street named Bullcock street. A great variety and you get some people that have stalls from Eumundi markets also coming to such market place. Didn’t get to the Twilight markets which are on a Friday night. (bugger).
- Whilst there is a main beach only 50 metres from the room which is patrolled by life guards, try Wurtulla Beach which is only 10 minute drive north. Big long beautiful beach and heaps of room. The beach out the front of the hotel can become a big crowded at times.
- You aint far from Mooloolaba and Maroochydore etc. Go for a bit of a travel around.
That is about it but go for it, if staying in Caloundra, stay here, you will love it, based on what I experienced.
On ya - Benno
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rumba Beach Resort brings to Caloundra the finest boutique hotel facilities. With arguably the most well-appointed guest suites on the Sunshine Coast, Rumba Resort integrates the relaxing atmosphere of a tropical resort with the convenience of being right in the heart of town. Cafes and fine dining restaurants pepper the beachfront esplanade and a network of boardwalks and coastal pathways link the main shopping precinct to the locale’s famous surf beaches and beyond.Stunning 1, 2 and 3 bedroom guest apartments offer spa ensuites, espresso coffee machines and home theatre systems, all as standard. Rumba's pool bar known as 26degrees is a relaxing and enjoyable place to unwind. Drinks are served on Rumba's pool deck by friendly and professional wait staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rumba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rumba Beach Hotel Caloundra
- Rumba Beach Resort Caloundra, Sunshine Coast