“A personable insight into Aboriginal Culture”

Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Tours & Information Hub
More attraction details
Owner description: Jellurgal invites you to embark on a journey of discovery as you explore the secret world of the first inhabitants f this region, the Yugambeh people.Designed for international travellers, interstate visitors and locals wishing to learn more about the Aboriginal history of their region, Jellurgal Dreaming is a five hour Aboriginal Cultural Experience.
Reviewed 11 April 2016

The 2.5 hr Jellurgal Walk About Tour started with a beautifully shot film giving a brief insight into the Yugambeh people. We were the only people on the tour (2 adults and 14mth old who I babywore the whole way) so we could take it at our own pace. We went on a walk through the surrounding bushland while our tour told us stories about the local people, area and their ways of life. We found it fascinating, as our tour guide Katrina was so passionate about her heritage. The display in the centre was fairly basic, with a selection of handmade gifts. Unfortunately the smoking ceremony wasn't performed. It was good value for money at only $20 per person

All reviews
"interesting history"
in 2 reviews
"burleigh heads national park"
"paintings"
in 3 reviews
"insight"
"stories"
in 4 reviews
"gifts"
"australia"

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Having run major visitor attractions in the UK for over thirty years and well aware of the richness of aborigional culture I was looking forward to my visit.What greeted us? Tired and ill lit displays (I think I am bring truthful when I say only two of the nine or so spotlights were functioning) a throw back to many years past when displays such as this were deemed acceptable, two members of staff who declined to acknowlege the five visitors in the building and shop goods that looked as if they had been imported from China. I do not know who is responsible for this Centre but they should be deeply ashamed of themselves if their aim is to represent aborigional culture and the Australiam tourism sector. I have visited some truly awful tourism "businesses" but this as amongst the worst.

1  Thank Wetheral1
Reviewed 14 September 2015

We went to visit the centre after being told it is worth a visit, however it was shut due to being the weekend. It offers tours through the National Park and bush tucker talks.,as well as coffee and food. Will try again but not on the weekend.

2  Thank Llizz
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Today we visited the centre and it was empty of visitors, we arrived one hour to late, it started at 9.30am not 10.30am, misinformed. We took our time looking at the hand paintings, craft, jewellery and souvenirs, also you were about to read information on the wall about the local tribes. On my next visit I will make shore that I arrive on time to see the show and do the tour.

1  Thank MBB1952
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2015

This was a very interesting learning tour on Aboriginal culture, dance and there way of life in the area, our guide Lexi was fun and very knowledgably.The tour of the National park and learning the background of history, certainly opened our eyes.

3  Thank Graham R

Travellers who viewed Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Tours & Information Hub also viewed

Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast
West Burleigh, Burleigh Heads

Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast

Been to Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Tours & Information Hub? Share your experiences!