I must say that these apartments certainly add to my wonderful impression of Burleigh Heads as a destination. Travelling from Northside Brisbane, our first time staying on the Gold Coast as a family after having previously stayed at places on the Sunshine Coast has left us with a desire to return to Burleigh in the future and more than likely to stay here again.
The apartments are located wonderfully close to the beach with many food and drink options within walking distance (thankfully due to my restriction from driving due to injury). The local supermarket only a short 5-10 minute drive away. The patrolled beach is a bit of a stroll, however we found the surf out the front of the apartments to be fairly safe with minimal rips and sweeps in 1m swell.
Although the kids preferred both of the pools. Very comforting to have a heated indoor pool available.
The apartments were nice and clean. In-room movie options and PS3 games were great for bad weather. Tennis court was great to have for no additional cost (except for ball & racquet hire, which we mostly avoided with our own gear). In-room free broadband internet was awesome and worked well with our laptop and mobiles.
The views were fantastic from the 5th floor, but beware of the wide gaps between bars on the balcony balustrade with toddlers. We couldn't let the little one loose out there.
Little bit of street noise from the highway below.
Fans & aircon was great. Wonderful view from the spa out to the hills. When needed we were able to cook our own food in the modest kitchen.
Great destination for young families and most certainly will return (if we get a good price).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated only 50 metres from the ocean and along the Esplanade of Beautiful Burleigh Heads is 2nd Avenue Apartments. This well known landmark building offers a relaxing stay for the couples and family. Enjoy our Indoor Heated Pool and Spa for all year round swimming, our outdoor pool and spa, the full size championship tennis court and 3 BBQ areas set in landscaped gardens. We offer, one, two, three and even four bedroom fully self contained apartments. All apartments have fully equipped kitchens and laundries. We offer free Wireless Broadband and Sony PS3 players in all units. There is a free Movie and PS3 library for your enjoyment. Capture uninterupted views of the ocean from your own private balconies. There are play grounds on the esplanade for the kids and patrolled beaches right opposite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your 2nd Avenue Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 2nd Avenue Apartments Hotel Burleigh Heads
- 2nd Avenue Apartments Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast