Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Peter W
Sydney, Australia
Great family friendly holiday apartment.
Reviewed 2 Jan 2017
Family of 4, we stayed 6 nights right after Christmas. The apartment was clean and well appointed. Fully equipped kitchen, laundry with dryer in the main bathroom, ensuite with a spa bath, plenty of storage areas. The resort is not overly large, and you get a strong sense of security and safety which would be great for anyone with kids. Really spacious unit with a huge balcony overlooking a great, child friendly pool. The apartment had air conditioning and cable TV, and is conveniently located within walking distance of restaurants, pub, club, super market and the Ferry to Nelson Bay. The apartment is right on the river; Hawks Nest is a 3 min drive with a superb ocean beach, and other water activities available. Overall a perfect place to unwind. The area is great for anyone looking to avoid crowds, traffic and noise but still enjoy a beachside holiday.
Date of stay: December 2016
6.3 km from The Boathouse Resort Tea Gardens
Typical room
6.5 km from The Boathouse Resort Tea Gardens
View more hotels in Tea Gardens
All reviews nelson bay hawks nest steam room myall river stayed midweek large pool secure undercover parking top floor school holidays morning sun three bedroom apartment golf club min drive quiet area relaxing stay bbq area good size
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2016

This was our second visit to this resort and we chose the same apartment as we had last time. In the couple of years between visits, the fittings and decor in the apartment had become a little shabby and in need of refreshment. More attention is required to the cleaning if mirrors and glass in wall paintings. The staff member on reception was helpful and welcoming when we checked in. Our spacious apartment afforded lovely views over the river. We sat on the large balcony for most of our meals.

Room tip: Third floor, front of building facing the river.
Date of stay: December 2016
2  Thank Aussielins
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

I booked through a company known as "Perfect Short Breaks" with a lady named Christina. A friend and I booked a small get away for 3 nights where we were very excited to relax.
On our first night of stay, we were excited to enjoy the pool which we did. However when we came back to our room at around 9pm, we found that both of our room keys were not unlocking our door. We were stuck. No contact numbers at reception to call. Luckily, I took my phone where I called Christina (whom I booked this through) to let her know what had happened. She was sincere about the situation and did send someone out to let us in however the next morning I had to go to reception to get both of keys re registered. That wasn't the last time we got locked out. On our third night, we came back from a lovely dinner and thought we'd enjoy the serenity around the pool before we depart the next day. As we arrive to our door, once again our key did not work. Same process of calling Christina, we had to wait for someone to come. I explained to her that this is unacceptable and the best thing she could do was to have someone let us in our door in under "3 seconds" because she was staying above us. I'm on a holiday, I don't have a curfew, So why should I have to ring when I need to be let into my door that I paid for? Initially before the holiday our dates were mixed up also and luckily I was the one to spot this. After much dilemma and waiting around for 20 minutes we could not enjoy our last night by the pool and doing our own thing because our room keys would not work until the next morning which is when we were leaving. I would defiantly not recommend staying here. Rooms are average and not much to do in tea gardens unless you drive 1 hour to nelsons bay each day. Don't waste your money and don't use perfect short breaks to book your holiday. Terribly disappointed and would never recommend to stay here.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Mia7643
Reviewed 2 December 2016

The Boathouse would have to be among the best apartment accommodation I’ve ever stayed in – it’s certainly the largest. Very clean & well furnished with well equipped kitchen; huge bathroom with spa bath; comfortable bedding; large internal laundry; large balcony; Foxtel on both living room & bedroom TV’s; DVD player (DVDs can be rented from reception) & free wifi.
We had great river views from the kitchen & full room-width windows in the living room. I saw dolphins as I was sitting at the dining room table!
There is a resort-type pool with imported sand in one section (which I imagine the kids would love). We had direct pool access from our front ground floor unit. There is also a gym, steam room & outdoor bbq area.
The common areas were clean with well-maintained gardens & secured entry gates after 5pm. The free underground parking is also secured after hours.
I found the reception & booking staff to be pleasant & helpful.
Walk to the Nelson’s Bay ferry, Country Club, pub, ice cream parlour, restaurants & take-aways. Coles is an easy 1klm walk.

Room tip: Ask for a front apartment overlooking the river
Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank mdeg2000
Reviewed 16 November 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights and found on the whole it was OK. Our apartment 105 on the ground floor looked out onto the pool which made for great access as long as you watched your step going from the apartment to the patio area. I kept tripping and eventually lost a toe nail !!! Way too high and very dangerous. There were families staying and the kids loved the pool. The bathroom floor had not been cleaned. The grout needed a real good scrubbing and in places the grout was missing. Found an un-used tampon on the floor!!! Basically the bathroom needs to be up-dated. The spa was lovely a spacious. We brought this to the attention of the manager and he was going to sort out the cleaning issues. Good secure undercover car parking. A lovely walk to shops and restaurants. Tea Gardens is a lovely place to relax.

Room tip: One with access to the pool
Date of stay: October 2016
2  Thank Julieanne F
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Overlooked the pool which we found to be very refreshing. There was everything in the unit for self care and a beautiful spa for relaxation. Everything was clean and tidy, a lift to all rooms. Four days helped to wash away the stress of life. Top place to stay. Good food in the Clubs and close by, oysters, prawns and cooked food. Good for 4WD and relaxing. Will go again.

Date of stay: November 2016