“Excellent Malaysian cuisine”
Review of Sambal

Sambal
Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in North Ryde
Reviewed 16 March 2018

We stumbled upon this restaurant after we check-in to the hotel just across the road.

We ordered beef rendang which is sumptuous though the portion is big. The boss is also friendly .

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I went to Bali for my 30th and had some amazing cuisine. When I returned home I craved some fresh sambal so I was recommended this restaurant. It did not disappoint! Great food from an Indonesian mother to the table!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Having dined at Sambal several times before (local eatery to Macaquarie Shopping Centre purely for convenience), this experience topped the list as worst Malaysian (and possibly worst all cuisine) ever. Firstly to advertise the Assam Fish Laksa as their week one weekend lunch special, I think it reasonable to expect it to be a solid dish. Ok we were told it would be 10 minutes wait which is fine however the anticipation was met with grave disappointment and disgust. The noodles were a very soggy sloppy mess and the soup was still briney, with no fish visible to the naked eye. We left the dish untouched after the first hesitant taste.
Placing our hope for at least a meal, we next tried the Sar Hor Fun which was sub-average. The sauce was gooey pastey and the hor fun noodle was clumpy. Hungry, I did manage to put down three heroic mouthfuls before resigning myself to the fact that this was a wasteful tasteless exercise. We left the empty restaurant (it was about noon) vowing to never return.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I have been going to Sambal for years now and the food is always authentic and plenty of it. Great for Lunch or Dinner; Sambal is just very nice Malaysian food. Prices are reasonable and tasty every time. Please keep in mind this is a Malaysian restaurant and not a take away food place so the prices are reflective of that. But once you taste the flavours you will not be disappointed. Great Malaysian food!!!!

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Eaten here over 12 years and they're fabulous. Authentic Malaysian cuisine just like being in Penang. Love the place.