“great laksa and Nasi Lemak in Macquarie Park”
Review of Sambal

Sambal
Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in North Ryde
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Placed a lunch order for our office in Macquarie Park.
All my collegues loved there laksa! We ordered chicken and seafood which was very flavoursome the broth.
Also Nasi Lemak in beef and chicken was received very well in the team.
Great place for authentic Malaysian feed.

1  Thank travelchick119

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with one other. I had Char Kway Chow probably could do with a little more seafood and chicken but good nonetheless 3/5. Friend had Nasi Lemak 3/5 again good but not spectacular.
Would come again? Yes

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

We came here on last day of CNY, and had the YuSheng, as not many places sell them. To be honest, I don't particularly like it, just a traditional thing to eat, out of novelty. The YuSheng here, was a lot bigger than I'd expected- small was big enough for 5 of us. They don't do all the verbal sayings, and it taste really unlike any YuSheng - mostly shredded fresh vegetables, and not sweet/preserved ones, which I loved! So it's more like a salmon salad.

I also had the Laksa, gravy want thick enough. The Chicken Rice was also quite bland/average- nothing like home. I've had better ones in Sydney.

The chendol was not too bad, not malacca standard, but pretty decent, great for a hot day!

All in, I'll prob come back next year for YuSheng. Just not for other dishes.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Short Review:
Must try foods -
• Otak Otak
• Fried Kuey Teow
• Rojak

Longer Review:

This is a restaurant I've driven past a number of times on the way to Chatswood but never really felt sure if I'd stop.

After all, I was on my way to another Malaysian restaurant there famous of their street food.

So while I enjoyed some extra ordinary street food in Chatswood, Sambal in North Ryde has been serving some really praiseworthy delights too.

Otak Otak is one of those rare favourites that you won't find in many Malaysian restaurants.

Rojak comes next. A Malaysian Indian idea of salad. It's a very loose idea of salad.

Penang Char Kuey Teow (or fried kuey teow) is a smokey charred flat noodle that seems simple to make but you need a really hot gas fire to truly get the smokey char.

Sambal has many more dishes on their menu. I hope to try them in the coming months.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Consistent, good quality Malaysian food & attentive service within the commercial wasteland that is Macquarie Park!