Lowest prices for your stay
Courtyard
USD 111
Hotels.comUSD 113
Booking.comUSD 114
PricelineUSD 113
All reviews room service macquarie park train station comfortable stay business sydney pillows ryde gym cbd chatswood
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2019

Stayed for 3 days, 2 nights. Two things (maybe three) that you really want in a hotel - nice quiet room with a comfortable bed and a hot shower and maybe Wifi.
Rooms are ok , nothing to shout about, AC noise is there and outside noise are bad.
Cold weather and they have no hot water in the shower available when I checked in till the next morning when I go out for the day. Lied to me when I asked in the afternoon that they are "working on it" when nothing was really done till the 2nd day. Didn't bother informing me when I checked in until I called the reception.
Didn't even offer any compensation or apology.
Funny thing is, I stayed the following night in Holiday Inn Express in Brisbane and they insisted on waiving my in room dining charge for a pizza because their free Wifi was down for the night.

Room tip: Rooms are all noisy. Both AC and Outside noise.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
JamesD6750, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2019

Thanks for the feedback we appreciate your business know one likes a cold shower least of all me. If I can be of assistance to make a future stay more comfortable and thank you for your business. Please feel free to reach out directly to the hotel and ask for James. If the team here did not manage to look after you to your expectations you have my apologies.

Yours Sincerely,

James
Director Of Operations.

Reviewed 23 June 2019

We have stayed at this property many times when visiting family in Australia and returned again in May. The staff are consistently excellent - polite, helpful, friendly and professional. Marriott reward members are treated very well - as titanium members, we obtained a welcome gift, an upgrade and an excellent full complimentary breakfast for two, as well as free parking and internet. Rooms are very well- appointed and clean. Location is good with proximity to the trains and shopping.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
James D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2019

Dear Robin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If I can be of assistance to make a future stay more as you wish please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2019

To begin with the entire setup of the accomodation is great. Full marks for that.
However, on the first night when I was having a cheerful conversation with my parents - we were abruptly interrupted by a call from the reception accusing us of being too loud and that we were disturbing the the neighbours.
We understand these things happen and we complied. now that we're aware we kept our volume down but alas what do you know?! They sent security to our door and claimed that we were still too loud. We were like WTF. At this point I lost it and gave the management a piece of my mind. They confessed that the rooms have poor sound proofing and that on that night alone they received 3-4 complaints across the entire hotel.
My question here is - how is that my fault? This is MY vacation and being told my normal speaking volume disturbs the neighbours (when it is the hotel that cut corners in sound proofing) completely ruined the mood.

Stay away from this hotel.

Room tip: If you're travelling alone, good. More than 2 people - stay away.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JamesD6750, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2019

Dear Edwin,

Thanks for your business and feedback, we do like any hotel get some feedback from guests about noise.

Generally I would agree that a normal level conversation would not disturb the average guest next door. My team at the hotel will normally only come to you if a neighboring guest is being bothered as I guess this was the case. If the delivery of this message was not delivered with the correct diplomacy from my team I trust that they were acting in the interest of the guests in the hotel and apologies if the delivery did not match this sentiment.

If we can be of assistance in the future to make a stay more comfortable please let us know.

Yours Sincerely,

James.

Reviewed 8 May 2019

I used my Marriott points for a 5 night stay with my wife. We got an upgrade to a loft suite. The service and acomodations in Courtyard outside of USA are much, much better.

The breakfast buffet was very good with a wide selection of fruits, cold cuts, cheeses and breads. A very good coffee machine to make your own coffee is available and also a juicer.

Staff is always there to help you.

And the hotel is convinently located near the highways around Sydney.

Room tip: Upgrade to a Loft Suite.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MF018
Reviewed 3 May 2019

One of the good hotels of marriott in suburban areas easily connected by NSW trains.
Lounge access and guest visiting areas for meeting were wonderful during my stay.
Staff were coordial and soft and helpful. The room was very clean and cozy

Room tip: A good place to stay with budget tariff
Date of stay: April 2019