“Great food, friendly service ”

Essence of North India
Ranked #7 of 90 Restaurants in North Ryde
Price range: USD 19 - USD 38
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant offers a perfect setting for a romantic dinner for two or a quite evening in with your friends, making you feel just at home.
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Had a family get together and we were looking for something quick & easy. We were going to find a takeaway but after looking up local restaurants remembered that Essence was around the corner. Decided to just walk around & eat in as it was just as quick. Very friendly staff, food came quickly and was all delicious and nicely served. Best Indian meal we have had for a long time, enjoyed by all, even those who had never had it before. Sorry too busy eating, forgot to get a photo! Get there and try it for yourself.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

This was my 5th time visiting the restaurant, after living in London over the past year and visiting 39 European countries this is hands down the best Indian restaurant in the world!

P.s I am a vegetarian and the options are endless!

Much love another returning customer x

1  Thank Ella-LouiseBrett
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Staying at Lane Cove River Tourist Park we were so lucky to find this amazing place within a very short drive. This has to be the best Indian meal we have eaten since moving to Australia from England 12 years ago. They do the best Peshawari Naan and all the other dishes we ordered were also incredible. The price was also very reasonable for the amount you get served. I only wish we lived nearer so we could go regularly! It was a good size restaurant for large parties of people which is also useful if you wanted to organise a big night out. You must try this place!!

1  Thank Claire P
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I am not a butter chicken or a beef person. I have never eaten butter chicken much and whatever I have tasted is either very sweet or tasteless. Yesterday we ordered bulk butter chicken and beef korma for 80 people and they loved it. Seeing them devour these two amazing curries I decided to try them and I loved it. Whoever has cooked them has cooked it to perfection. We had some Italian friends and they were just enjoying them. So for some amazing butter chicken and beef korma essence of North India is the place to go. Try it!!!!!.

Thank you guys. My family and friends loved it.

2  Thank Supriya Ravindr... P
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Goods news first: The food is very tasty whoever is in the kitchen knows what they are doing. The decor is decent, the tables & silverware are clean.

Now the bad news: I gave this 2 star because of the awful service.. I go out to a sit down restaurant because I want to be served. The two people who were there do not understand the concept of hospitality. There was never a hello, we were promptly point to a table. The dining hall was mostly empty, but we were placed night next to another occupied table. Two more group came in after us, they got their order taken first, then we put our order in.

One of the other table who came in after us, got their food first, ate their food and left.. we eventually got our tasty food. But before i could finish my food, the bread basket got taken away.. my wife wrestled it back from the server. we wanted some water, and wanted to order some dessert, but no waiter could be found. We finally gave up, paid the bill and left..

if you do want some tasty food, go here. But before you go - lower your expectation on the service (Way low), this way you will not be disappointed.