Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ray

Excellent hotel but why a high price simply because a weekend evening

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Aug 2023
As usual I find this hotel to be my preferred choice. Pleasant staff, clean and tidy rooms. Nothing to complain about EXCEPT the price was the highest I have ever paid for one night in a hotel room. The reason for the high price was no other reason than it was a Friday night and the price was simply because they can charge that amount. Silly idea but I think the price should be the same regardless of the night of the week. Next time I will have to go elsewhere if it is a weekend night and the price being asked is high simply because they can.
Date of stay: August 2023
    • Vio.com
    22.8 km from Mercure Sydney Liverpool
    Restaurant
    View more hotels in Liverpool
    All reviews catholic club ice skating mini golf atrium restaurant car park good size comfortable beds great place to stay sydney facilities pokies gym freeway accor conference convenience
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 23 April 2023 via mobile

We stayed her as a family of 5
    Staff were extremely helpful rooms very clean couple of things that made our stay outstanding was the amazing facilities this hotel offers
    A huge and amazing play park suitable for most ages just mind blowing all indoors
    The swimming pool also was well cared for and lovely
    The food you could never get sick of
    Extremely reasonably priced and so many restaurants to choose from and very very reasonable
    We will be back

Room tip: Become a member for even cheaper food
    Date of stay: April 2023
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 12 April 2023

We only stayed one night but location excellent with everything nearby. We had a lovely meal at the club next door and the gym very close as well. It had a clean and tidy room with a nice comfortable big bed.
    When ringing to book, I was a little put off with reception not able to transfer me to reservations but asking me to ring another number which was a little odd. I wondered how many potential customers they would loose over that.

Room tip: Dont call the hotel to book, apparantly there is a complete different number for reservations and they do not have the capacity to forward
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 12 March 2023

I chose the Executive Suite because I saw the photo showing the kitchen area with a kitchen sink and wrongly assumed that it was equipped to use as a kitchen. I have subsequently checked the room description and indeed only "tea and coffee facilities" are provided. I accept that this was my mistake and I am detailing the following that may be of assistance to future travellers. The staff at reception were happy to pass to me a plate and knife and fork when I requested them. However, don't expect to be able to prepare your own breakfast, make a piece or toast or microwave a light meal. Additionally, the fridge only chills to 5 degrees so it is not suitable for storing food or any medications that need refrigeration. The only utensil provided was a solitary teaspoon. You can check my photos of the cupboards to see exactly what is provided.

On the plus side this hotel is well located and you can easily access the M7 and M5 motoways. The is a good size pool with long opening hours. There is plenty of free parking both outside and under cover at the Catholic Club. The hotel adjoins the Club and I had no problem being issued with an "Extended Visitors Pass" that covered the days of my stay. The room was serviced daily and there was an abundance of white fluffy towels. However, it was showing the early signs of deterioration with a little rust in the corner of the shower and the carpet edge beginning to fray. Renovations were underway near the pool and if you are planning to stay it might be worthwhile enquiring about room renovations. I felt the room was lacking some of the niceties that I have come to expect in a suite - there was no water, gown, or shower cap. I have not stayed in Liverpool before and I also noticed there was no artwork, magazines or coasters.

I would definitely consider staying here again, however, if I chose a Suite I would bring all my kitchen supplies with me, not including the sink.

Room tip: If staying in the Executive Suite bring you own kitchen things.
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 5 March 2023 via mobile

I chosed to stay in this hotel because of its location. I want to be close to the Canley Vale area plus I'm an Accor member so this hotel was the best fit for searches. I was really impressed. I arrived 2 hours early for check up but I was pleasant surprised that .t room and key was all ready to go. The lady at the reception was fantastic she gave me a clear run down of all the facilities and directions. I had a suite and that was outstanding. Had a lounge area, well equipped kitchen, bathtub in bathroom, nice balcony overlooking the pool and a nearby cricket ground. The bed was great nice firm mattress. A very small bad mark with the electronic blackout curtains. I learned how to use it easily but there positions were not totally tight to the end so light was getting in early in the morning. I had breakfasts included and that was great with excellent selections of food. It is right next to the Liverpool Catholic Club so just need a temp pass and you can enjoy the restaurants there and looks like there was a big playground for kids inside. Outside there is a sports building with an ice rink and mini golf. I dont have my kids with me for this trip but I can see they will be very busy if they come here. Parking is free either right outside the hotel uncovered or a little bit further undercover at the Catholic club. All free. The staff was generally well mannered apart from a man on Day 2 at the reception who probably was having a bad day. Special mention to my fellow kiwi from Huntly who looked after me outside the club entrance we had a warm catch up about NZ where I'm from. Check out was super quick and I was well looked after. Overall, if I want to stay around the Liverpool area I would definitely return here again.

Room tip: The suite is a bit more expensive but it is well worth it. Also pays to be an ACCOR member so you get free drink and priority check in etc.
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 28 January 2023

Date of stay: January 2023
    Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
    This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.