Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Expedia.comUSD 153
PricelineUSD 153
Hotels.comUSD 153
eDreamsUSD 153
CheapTicketsUSD 153
FindHotelUSD 153
All reviews undercover parking very comfortable stay pleasant surprise great restaurant the main road spacious rooms in town one night stay good size convenient location the managers lift motel accommodation aldi bonus pillows
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Arrived, checked in, went up to room, opened door, recoiled from sewage/dead stench!! Went back to reception to change rooms. Hotel full. Receptionist, very nice, but didn't know how to switch rooms. She said the room next door has a bad smell too and didn't know what it was!! Had to call "the boys" to get help. They didn't answer, I was getting late for dinner meeting by now, so left. Didn't hear back from reception about a new room so I booked in down the road and cancelled the Gateway.
The problems:
They knew the room stinks.
Smelly rooms should never be sold.
Couldn't switch rooms, either because she didn't know how and/or needed approval from above.
Reception staff should be fully trained and responsible for elementary customer service tasks.

This is usually a great place to stay but knowingly selling rooms that are in need of urgent maintenance or repair is bad business and questionable ethics. Owners/managers are responsible to their staff and clients and failed in both regards in this instance.

Will I return? Would you?

Date of stay: January 2017
3  Thank Shottycanuk
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Comfortable clean motel with crisp cotton sheets well located to the CBD without traffic noise. Wall mounted television, cupboard space, basic tea (bag) and (instant) coffee making facilities, bathroom has a comfortable bath with an overhead shower.

Verbal and text instructions for late checkin were clear.

Friendly checkout.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

I stay here whenever im in towm. Professional staff and great motel. Restaurant is very good and nothing is too much trouble. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Handy to town and facilities are also very good.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 17 November 2016

I recently stayed in a superior king room at this new motel in Lismore. It really was superior to almost all rooms I have occupied in a motel anywhere in Australia and overseas. Very clean, comfortable and quiet and the staff were friendly and helpful. I'd definitely stay there again if I revisit Lismore and would not hesitate in recommending it to family and friends. And the aircon was quiet!!!

Room tip: Stayed on the first floor, no problems.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here many times before and always had a good night sleep.
Meals at the restaurant have always been of a high standard, I don't normally eat at a motel I stay at but this is an exception.
The first time here I was concerned about the road noise but they seem to have thicker walls than other motels on the highway as I was not disturbed by the traffic at night.
When I am in Lismore I try to return to the Gateway.

Date of stay: August 2016